Volvo C303 Radiator

Issues pertaining to the TGB/C30X series engine and driveline issues
michael mcauliffe
Australia

Volvo C303 Radiator

Post by michael mcauliffe »

Hi folks

I need to get a radiator made for my c303 and was told that one with longer/wider fins cools better than a 3 or 5 core ?

I would love to get one made in the same size to fit the existing radiator space, as mine didn't come with a radiator at all. The truck I have has a 4 ltr diesel motor.

Does anyone have pictures of one they had specially made for cooling their diesel motor ?

Cheers

Mick
rollingpinz

Re: Volvo C303 Radiator

Post by rollingpinz »

Hello

Try volvoc303.co.uk he had a bunch made and had fans mounted. If he has any left it's just a matter of money. If the address I just mentioned doesn't work, google volvo c303 and he will come up within a few lines and it should be close to what I wrote.

Pringle
How would an ice-age end without global warming?
michael mcauliffe
Australia

Hi Pringle

Thanks for info regarding the radiator, i have sent an e-mail to the address advised and am waiting for a reply.

Cheers

Mick
michael mcauliffe
Australia

Try volvoc303.co.uk
Does anyone know this person at all ??

I have sent two e-mails requesting information about his C303 radiators, and had no reply as yet.

Cheers

Mick
michael mcauliffe
Australia

As mentioned previously, i have a Volvo c303 and it didn't come with the original radiator (Grrrrr) !!

Anyhoo, the radiator that came with it is a big arse truck radiator with twin fans. Seeing as i don't have hundreds of dollars to spend on getting one specially made, i was hoping to mount the radiator behind the cabin, mine is a cab chassis.

I understand that the principal of the radiator cooling is airflow, and lots of it. I would like to have the two fans pushing the air through and one on the other side to pull the air through. Would this work ? Has anyone ever set up their radiator at the back of the cabin (pictures of exterior radiator) ?

Cheers

Mick
geckoadventure
New Zealand

Post by geckoadventure »

i had push and pull on my c304 when i bought it we change it to a big arsed pull volvo electric fan with twin speed and it worked fine and a lot better as they found the pull one not working.

I do not belive your plan will work as they both must work at same speed. the shroud is the most important part to ensure the air acelerates through the radiator.
Last edited by geckoadventure on Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
M Wehrman
United States of America

Post by M Wehrman »

Look at some sandrail sites for radiator rear mount ideas. Mounting in back has the plus of cooler cabin area,no heat from rad.Wish I could do it.
Mark
Stock means no imagination!

Volvo TGB1317, .95% Morphed!

68 Haffy
lindenengineering

Post by lindenengineering »

I have a good used take out radiator, fan assy and rails all on the same module even with the cloth fan shroud
Dennis
lindenengineeringinc@yahoo.com
OOOps no customer bashing now
bazzar08

Post by bazzar08 »

Hi, I'm a new member and i have a c304 tgb 13 radio van. I havn,t rego,d her yet but hope to be trucken soon. When i saw Michael Mcauliffe,s post regarding his cab chassis i remember seeing it on ebay & i was looking for a unimog as well. I would like to chat with you about our mutual interest in volvos Michael. I bought my c304 from buch int. Denmark.They had three c304,s and twenty c303. My c304 was the last to go of the three and the c303's went in a month or so. In retrospect i think i may have stumbled on Aladdins cave with out realising it. Anyhow cheers