Intro from Malaysia - WR7002 - C304

Volvo TGB and 30X (303/304/306) mods and resto work, news, resources and non-technical stuff
geckoadventure
New Zealand

Re: Intro from Malaysia - WR7002 - C304

Post by geckoadventure »

VinceAtReal4x4s wrote:The gears in the hub were custom made? That sounds very expensive to do correctly.
I kn ow these are running in his highly modified support Hilux in Thainland I will ask him.
geckoadventure
New Zealand

Post by geckoadventure »

VinceAtReal4x4s wrote:I understand you have mud issues unlike most of us would ever encounter. Definitely avoid dumping the clutch, ever.
Uphill Mud like this
[youtube]http://youtu.be/63klFghd6A8[/youtube]

http://youtu.be/63klFghd6A8
geckoadventure
New Zealand

Post by geckoadventure »

For those who like my stories this is the 22-26 August

Here is an adventure and charity work all in one. I got home 2 days late from this one. The picstorial im still doing.

[video]http://youtu.be/NTF7qnxLIyI[/video]

[youtube]NTF7qnxLIyI[/youtube]

http://youtu.be/NTF7qnxLIyI

Roll on the Volvo being finished.
geckoadventure
New Zealand

Post by geckoadventure »

Garrycol wrote:
geckoadventure wrote:
ok after much searching through old sms's I found the link

https://sweetmfg.biz/pages.php?pageid=12

then these

https://sweetmfg.biz/home.php?cat=39

i recall mine is the one with the 200 valve.

Model SKU: 303-33200

good luck hope this all helps.
On researching further what you have installed is a servo which as I understand regulates the amount of fluid that goes to a ram or power steering unit depending on the arrangement. But from reading your post I take it that you are using the servo as the power steering unit.

Is that correct or have a I missed something.

Sorry to ask so many questions but I have been looking for a solution for my vehicle for a while and this looks like it might be it.

Thanks

Garry
I am using the power steering pump from the 14BT engine. When you turn the steering wheel the new servo it lets pressure from the power steering pump assist the servo by opening a valve.
geckoadventure
New Zealand

Post by geckoadventure »

2 NOVEMBER 3024

OK quick update I not been around much

no pics

1. Rollcage is undercoated main coat still to be done
2. CHassis has been painted black
4. Cabin still waiting for us to ind someone who sandblasts here and does not use steel balls to strip the paint - sigh.

Updates from me are few and far between at present im on REST by orders from the cardio after spending 3 days in hospital with ATRIAL FIBULATION again or irregular heartbeat. no sign of heart attack or any heart damage. they just cannot find out why its occurring we believe its to do with the LEPTOSPOROSIS effects from 2 years ago sigh.

been 4 weeks now and 6 days out of 7 are fine its that one day when everything goes to poop. e.g. Tuesday picked up a 196kg drum of biodiesel out of the landcruiser rolled it onto land and tipped it up and move it to its resting place - OMG Heart went to 200 beats (220-my age of 55 leaves max at 165 plus my known extra capacity of 11 beats over normal) and took a few mins to come down to 190 and then stayed nothing under 150 for the next 8 hours while I felt like crap. LUcky I have been wearing a HR monitor it really does show you to slow down rapidly and stop any more damage. Worse is when it varies from 30 to 150 beats you just feel like crap.

All I can do is REST - go to work and come home and REST. Work has made it easier by making me work 2 days a week at home. Hence no jungle trips nothing grounded.
Heinkeljb
Great Britain

Post by Heinkeljb »

Shame to be grounded like a naughty child.... :lol:

Still use the time wisely. Do some proper planning of things to get done on the Volvo. Things to get do round the house, things to get done at work, etc.

Get some of the smaller parts from the Volvo that you can clean and paint at home.

Hope you get well enough to enjoy all the hard work that has already gone into the Volvo soon.

John
roobar_and_custard
Australia

Post by roobar_and_custard »

Crumbs! Really sorry to hear that. Take it easy and get well soon!

Truck can wait. We're a patient lot - us Volvo drivers...
geckoadventure
New Zealand

Post by geckoadventure »

11 December 2014

Quick visit to collect my new boat trailer and then check on the Volvo at the same time.

Progress has been made.

Chassis has been painted black
Rear cabin frame has been sandblasted and undercoated
Front Cabin is to be split and sent to a sandblaster who uses softer blasting material not steel pellets like was used for the Rear Frame.

Chassis painted - sorry about the pellet etc on top but no time to move it.

The Cabin with more touchup brazing done.

THe rear cabin frame all undercoated

Wiring loom is all tubes up ready to install

Next is top coat for frame and cabin after blasting this week, I have to pass the paint code to paint shop also asap.

2 months they say drive away from workshop.

Heart is ok sort of. On Cardio's orders no more whitewater activities. No more 4x4 Competition driving or wenching, no more endurance kayaking or cycling. Tablets keeping the heart stable.
geckoadventure
New Zealand

Post by geckoadventure »

Heinkeljb wrote:Shame to be grounded like a naughty child.... :lol:

Still use the time wisely. Do some proper planning of things to get done on the Volvo. Things to get do round the house, things to get done at work, etc.

Get some of the smaller parts from the Volvo that you can clean and paint at home.

Hope you get well enough to enjoy all the hard work that has already gone into the Volvo soon.

John
Volvo is in a workshop 190k from home :( not that easy.
geckoadventure
New Zealand

Post by geckoadventure »

25 Feb 2015

Quick update

After the efforts required for the massive flood relief and now subsequent food drops and the latest supplying clean water I have not had much time to look at the Volvo.

I heard it was sandblasted and then in paint I sent them the paint code for RESCUE ORANGE as I have offered the Volvo to be a main squad vehicle for the Malaysian Emergency Disaster Rescue Force - Elite 4x4 Search & Rescue Squad hence it now has to be orange.

I will get an update this week and post some pics of the rescue stuff and a link to our rescue story from an outsider.
Heinkeljb
Great Britain

Post by Heinkeljb »

Keep it going! One day at a time, you're doing good things for others, let hope good things find their way back to you.

John
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Hope you find an answer on the heart issue, would be a shame to miss the wenching for too long :)
geckoadventure
New Zealand

Post by geckoadventure »

11 Sept 2015

Latest update its been undercoated and the top coat is due to be done next week.

More updates when I get a PAinted PIC.
aclark79
United States of America

Post by aclark79 »

I was trying to figure out what the front of your roll cage was going to mount too... a big ass bumper, a super winch? Then I realized it wasn't connected at the top! Hah!

Looks great, can't wait to see more.
geckoadventure
New Zealand

Post by geckoadventure »

Sorry no motor no gearbox no bumpers etc it looks a little odd just thinking seriously now about the long turbo to intercooler pipes and how to charge them up to 14 psi constantly.