Air Conditioning Planning

Volvo TGB and 30X (303/304/306) mods and resto work, news, resources and non-technical stuff
dokatd
United States of America

Re: Air Conditioning Planning

Post by dokatd »

Just FYI, you can run an electric power steering pump to solve a lot of this. I’m not talking electric assist steering but a true power steering pump. I forget what they came in, but they are out there.
brandonium
United States of America

Post by brandonium »

dokatd wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:12 pm Just FYI, you can run an electric power steering pump to solve a lot of this. I’m not talking electric assist steering but a true power steering pump. I forget what they came in, but they are out there.
I had originally thought about going that route but I have two systems that will be dependent on Hydro, one being brakes (building discs with remote hydroboost) and the other is the garrison steering assist so not sure I want two systems dependent on an electric PS setup.. plus the required PSI for running Hydro.
brandonium
United States of America

Post by brandonium »

AppleTech wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:33 pm
Wow! Thats a big draw. Wonder what the factory load is on the truck.
Well, I run a 55 amp Alternator which is an upgrade from stock however I would say that stock requirements do not exceed that but I also know that many of us upgrade items as well.. I plan to have some ancillary items in the cab as well as some lighting so for me 160 amps would be the minimum I would want to run. Since the A/C unit also heats I would remove the back heater and run a secondary battery pack like that on the drivers side. While expensive I think this alternator to be the best choice for me when I get into the A/C portion of my build. I mean it is hard to think 'wow that is expensive when we are talking about adding a creature comfort to a vehicle not really designed for such in the first place.

https://www.delcoremy.com/getmedia/91a6 ... 5.pdf.aspx