Weird SUV thing at car lot

Posts about other Real 4x4's. Examples: Unimogs, Steyr-Puch G-wagens, Tatra, MAN, ex-military, etc. Please keep posts related to rare 4x4's, Euro/military/industrial and portal axle related off-road trucks. (This is not a Jeep forum)
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Weird SUV thing at car lot

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

Passed one of those exotic used car lots near me and noticed something out front that I guess qualifies as a 4x4?
Attachments
Image939[1].jpg
Image939[1].jpg (116.71 KiB) Viewed 706 times
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!

VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Re: Weird SUV thing at car lot

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

There were a few more of these on the same lot, with a couple G's and a Lambo to boot.
Attachments
Image941[1].jpg
Image941[1].jpg (151.86 KiB) Viewed 705 times
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!

4x4Pinz
United States of America

Post by 4x4Pinz »

the International MXT when a Ford F550 just isn't big enough.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

The MXT is a great concept.....I hope it is making money for the people who thought of it.......a pickup or SUV on a truck chassis......No not a pickup truck chassis...a real (lighter end) commercial truck chassis. Now I don,t give out good ideas like this often, but if there is a market for the MXT and I think it has a bigger brother? Why not one of you getting rich by buying up some 'de-mobbed' as we say in Britland......Stewart and Stevenson 4x4s and other ex Mil 6x6s and come up with something like this...get it right and your spare car for bumming around in could be a Bentley. I do like the idea of a car-like vehicle on a truck chassis as a mere teen I once saw in UK,s Custom Car (probably now defunct) magazine a guy who was by trade a skilled car bodybuilder and he had put his own 1940,s Bentley styled body on a Light End commercial truck chassis...all done in aluminium and complete with Diesel Engine.
Aiming to introduce UK Politicians to Piano wire and Lamposts!
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Post by 4x4Pinz »

There are companies that have converting surplus deuce and a halves for some time. Take a Deuce, cut the frame, loose and axle and install an M105 trailer bed. Makes for a large truck on a military platform and a reasonable cost. a quick search of "bobbed deuce" will give you lots of versions that have been done.
Attachments
bobbed deuce.jpg
bobbed deuce.jpg (512.01 KiB) Viewed 629 times
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

Dreadnought wrote: I do like the idea of a car-like vehicle on a truck chassis as a mere teen I once saw in UK,s Custom Car (probably now defunct) magazine a guy who was by trade a skilled car bodybuilder and he had put his own 1940,s Bentley styled body on a Light End commercial truck chassis...all done in aluminium and complete with Diesel Engine.
Not to hijack this thread, but you have seen the Windhawk, haven't you. 125mph offroad. :shock: Mmmmm....
It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport. Fridjof Nansen
I hope to die in my ski boots... ...just not today. Me