The LR3 experience

Posts about other Real 4x4's. Examples: Unimogs, Steyr-Puch G-wagens, Tatra, MAN, ex-military, etc. Please keep posts related to rare 4x4's, Euro/military/industrial and portal axle related off-road trucks. (This is not a Jeep forum)
krick3tt

The LR3 experience

Post by krick3tt »

Here's what has been going on since I parted with the Pinzgauer. To the Land Rover I have added Front Runner low profile roof rack with petrol can holders and septor can holders, sliders, secondary battery with dual battery charging system, various LED lights for interior and off road, the second row center seat was removed to install the ARB cooler and the third row seating was removed to install Front Runner shelving for storage of travel and camping essentials. New ARB front bumper and Warn VR12000 winch.
I had ten years to make the pinz what I wanted with various mods while trying to keep it mostly looking not too blinged up. It went to a man that did seem to appreciate the little extras that can be added to a vehicle.

click on the photo to see the series from photo bucket. There are even some pics in there, toward the end, of the pinz when it was rented out to a beer company for their ad campaign.

Happy trails
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
63rover
Canada

Re: The LR3 experience

Post by 63rover »

LR3 looks very nicely set up! Hope it serves you well.

Check out the LRII from iCarsoft as a carry along Land Rover specific OBD2 reader/clearer (all sub-menus). I don't travel without mine.

Cheers, Clive
Garrycol
Australia

Post by Garrycol »

I have a Range Rover Sport - same car with a shorter wheelbase and different body -mine is a V6 Diesel.

In my view the most important accessories you can buy is a code reader - I have a basic Faultmate FCR but if you want to change settings you will need something more capable.

The other item is a LLAMS (http://www.llams.com.au/). This allows you to go from access height to the equivalent of super extended at the switch of a button and to run at offroad height or slightly higher without the speed restriction.

Low

High

All in about 20 secs from the drivers seat and on the move.

Garry
1973 Haflinger AP700
1977 Landrover FC 101
2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6
1971 Jaguar Series 3 E-Type Conv
1957 Landrover 88" Station Wagon
1957 Landrover 88"
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

I have the tablet that does full reads of all faults and settings. Just have to learn how to work it.

A friend that is a Rover tech got it for me and I got one for him as a kindness for helping me get a good vehicle. He went with me when I went shopping for a LR. We went through several, on several weekends, before we found a good one with very little that needed to be done to it to make it like new.

We were discussing the tablet this evening as opposed to getting Johnson rods. Everything can be done through the tablet. It is a wonderful thing.

Now I am adding the things that will give me comfort on the trail.

Thanks for the tip.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford