(OT) Garfield is coming to So Cal ... ;)

Posts about other Real 4x4's. Examples: Unimogs, Steyr-Puch G-wagens, Tatra, MAN, ex-military, etc. Please keep posts related to rare 4x4's, Euro/military/industrial and portal axle related off-road trucks. (This is not a Jeep forum)
andy

Post by andy »

Dave, that increased payload option and the winch to load it make it able to carry more weight than a 710. That and it can swim, but the trade off is the 40 mph. One of those with the winch and flipit trailer would be awesome to have.

Andy
A bar F
The buck STARTS here
www.deerleaseservices.com
EuroPinz

Post by EuroPinz »

Here is more info regarding the supacat 6x6. However I wonder how it would work on roads with deep ruts in it as there is no big ground clearance - and when muddy it would suck right to the ground - or not?

http://www.thrustssc.com/thrustssc/Pres ... acats.html

Regards,

Jacques
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

Dave,
Nice buy, it looks like fun. Is this the one that was on ebay a month or so back?

Just think, if you lived here (Wisconsin) you could at least HANG IT ON YOUR WALL!! (The DMV here seems to think that all such vehicles are museum pieces.)

Eric,
Yeah, the tires aren't as wide as the LM002. It's also 8 cylinders short, in the engine department. But since you can't find any tires for an LM002, it might prove more desireable, from an operational standpoint, IMHO.

Remember, with tires as well as other inflatables, it's not how wide it is, it's how you use it.
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Andy
Specs are a fun thing. :) but also can be misleading. There seems to be 4 different trailers made for the Supacat, and only 2 float. Swimming can only be done in the softop models, and only with a max of 300kgs (660 lbs) plus driver ( without any prep).
Also, between what is written on different sites, and what Supacat themself tell me ( verbally and in build sheet ), I am starting to wonder what is coming. :? ..... but whatever shows up, I am sure not to be disappointed.

Jacques
We need to teach Erik how to do a hyperlink. :wink:
I too was curious of the clearances in ruts, but the wide footprint, and track tends to let me believe that it won't have a problem riding the ridges of the ruts, plus having two different active steering systems to manoeuver with. As far as mud, these supposedly apply the same ground pressure as a human foot. A friend in Scotland has 2 of these, and has been driving them in the Mores, saying he has been in places he would never drive a Landie. But we shall see in a week. :D

Paul
Yes , this was one of the 2 Supacats on ebay last month..... I actually was top bidder on both! This MK2A, I wasn't going to let it get away.... I talked to the seller early, and told him I would be there at the end. The other one, was a MK1 hardtop, and don't float, but has a air cooled Citreon motor ... thought it might be a cool addition with my other ac MVs. Threw a token bid, but didn't make reserve, and never heard from the seller.
More than likely, if I lived in Wisconsin, you'd see the Pink Cow driving down the street ( it had never been conscripted... a civilian it's whole life). :lol: and Garfield as a farm implement. :wink:

Dave Dunn
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
andy

Post by andy »

Dave, specs smecks, anyway you cut it, it is still a cool set of wheels.
A bar F
The buck STARTS here
www.deerleaseservices.com
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

Dave, don't make me go warn on you :lol: i played with my profile now can't seem to post any thing as far as pics or web address.
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Now, now Erik.. if you played well with others, you wouldn't be having these problems. :wink:

...seen your profile, seen your head-on, either way, you're still ugly :twisted:

"The truth, you can't handle the truth" :lol:

Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

On my last work truck it actually said on the back. doesn't play well with others :lol: I wan't to see pics of you on a lake with garfield and tnt fishing when it gets in. back to breaking mirrors now :wink:
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

Dave will the tdi get the same gas milage as if it was in the jetta?
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Well, Garfield arrived today! :D

Here are some of the first pics:
The delivery driver

Unfortunately, I had no idea what Jim intended when he asked if I mind taking a couple of pics of him behind the wheel.... and he never said me under one !
I had to sit guard after that

Jim LaGuardia
United States of America

Post by Jim LaGuardia »

Well Dave, ya gotta sleep sometime :lol: :lol:
Fun toy to drive, gonna be lots of fun on the trail :twisted:
Cheers, Jim LaGuardia
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Goatwerks/
"Arch Magus of Machines."
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Jim, I do need to sleep sometime, so I set a foolproof trap that you can't get pass.... a snare with a cup of coffee inside. :lol:

Here is a pic that (somewhat) shows the Ackerman ( front and middle axle ) steering.

Heed

Post by Heed »

Congrats Dave! That looks like it will be a lot of fun to spin around on.

I was also watching that closely on e-Bay...until my wife saw me and asked "whatcha doin?"...I replied, I'm thinking of getting this! Without skipping a beat, she replied "don't even think about it...I'm not giving up my side of the garage in the winter!"

Women just don't understand the needs of their boys...I mean, if she really loved me she would let me get a second "toy", right?

Don't worry....she didn't buy the argument either... :(
Bob
1990 - Mercedes G-Wagon 250GD

A goal without a plan is just a wish!
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Well, that SOB, Lasagne eating cat has gotten bigger since he's gotten here ! :shock: :? We had measured it at 79 1/2" wide.
After spending 2 days to move the fenders from 77" to 81"on my trailer, and raising the deck so the tires clear the rail.... this is the thanks I get for my efforts! :lol:
And there's isn't this much clearance on the other side

I'm afraid to buy a new trailer, for fear he'll get even bigger around the middle :roll:

and yes Andy..." a cool LITTLE rig" :lol: :lol:

sdp6x6

Re: (OT) Garfield is coming to So Cal ... ;)

Post by sdp6x6 »

These are pretty cool. Saw one on Gearz.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4qodZOw ... ure=relmfu