(OT) Supacats

Posts about other Real 4x4's. Examples: Unimogs, Steyr-Puch G-wagens, Tatra, MAN, ex-military, etc. Please keep posts related to rare 4x4's, Euro/military/industrial and portal axle related off-road trucks. (This is not a Jeep forum)
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Andy wrote:Ya could always back up to one or the other. Sounds like a drive thru, but I ain't never seen one of them.

Andy
In Texas, ain't those liquor stores ? :wink:
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

David,

Due to our interesting reciprocity laws, you could apparently bring that here to Wisconsin, and drive on our roads. That, despite the fact that we will probably never enjoy such rights.

You poor folks will have to suffer through such unsafe indignities, since your state lacks governmental regulatory agencies as throrough as our WisDOT. Eek, I hope you survive. :lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah, right!!

Here's a toast to your operating rights!! Congratulations.

Paul Underwood
andy

Post by andy »

Dave, yes they have drive throughs where you can get beer and ice. I haven't seen any drive through liqour stores though.

Kinda stupid to me. since they have such a high incidence of DUI/DWI here to start with. Plus they sell them big tall boys, they are called "veladoras" in Spanish because they look just like the votive candle, as singles. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Andy
A bar F
The buck STARTS here
www.deerleaseservices.com
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

Andy wrote:Dave, yes they have drive through where you can get beer and ice. I haven't seen any drive through liqour stores though.

Kinda stupid to me. since they have such a high incidence of DUI/DWI here to start with. Plus they sell them big tall boys, they are called "veladoras" in Spanish because they look just like the votive candle, as singles. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Andy

They have drive through Liquor stores Here. Really can't believe someone would be so lazy. I personally like having a conversation with the liquor store lady. The really odd thing is OKlahoma And Missouri sells every thing at the Gas station.

Andy, you have never been through a drive through fast food place?
andy

Post by andy »

Just the typical Mickey D's and Burger Kings where everything is on the left side and outdoors, there ain't no cover on it or people trying to flank you.

Andy
A bar F
The buck STARTS here
texas pinzgauer

Post by texas pinzgauer »

Of course in Louisiana, they have drive through daiquiri shops. They usually leave the paper on the top part of the straw so it qualifies as a "closed container".
Looking for next new (for me) toy
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 3094951494
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Well, with the 4th of July parade coming up next week, I've fitted Garfield with seating for 4 in the rear, and a "Fire Suppression" system...aka an onboard water system for use against Super Squirters ! :lol: :D :twisted:
The 5gpm pump can maintain a single hose stream of 30 feet, while with 2 hoses, both gave a 20ft. stream...more than enough to keep any hand held squirter at bay :lol:
I will be upgrading the suction line to a reinforced hose, as I did see it was collapsing under the pump pressure. :roll: :oops:

My Sankey trailer fitted with 250 gallon water tank

The rear seating

andy

Post by andy »

Sounds more like a devious plan to create some wet T shirts along the parade route.

Andy
A bar F
The buck STARTS here
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

KRAP! I'm getting too old, I hadn't even thought of that. :twisted:

andy

Post by andy »

Yeah, well the gutter is usually the first place my mind runs to and then it can't get over the curb to get out. :lol:

Andy
A bar F
The buck STARTS here
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Well, here's the "Parade Ready" Supacat
This was taken on a test run to see how the Cat drove and stopped with the trailer behind it, with half full tank of water.... I think it stops better than my 3/4T Chevy :P
I wonder who'll be fooled by the camo netting? :wink: The white hoses should be a dead giveaway to the fire power :lol:
If I don't get banned, I already have plans for upgrades for next year! :roll: :lol:

David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Well, I found a couple pics of the pre-parade of the Cat, and I took a few at the end in the "free fire" zone.
Even with the group firing at everyone in sight (includung each other), I still estimate that I came home with over 50 gallons of water

Jim LaGuardia
United States of America

Post by Jim LaGuardia »

Dave, does this meen you will be providing portable truck wash facilities at Calico Mogfest this year? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers, Jim LaGuardia
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Goatwerks/
"Arch Magus of Machines."
EvanH

Re: Good Stream Flow

Post by EvanH »

AZ712DK wrote:Dave,

I know at your age you better make sure you have good solid stream or that could indicate problems for you.

I guess you are either going to win or have one wet p*&#y! My mind never ventures out of the gutter.

Brian
Probably the 50 gallons leftover relates to this... :cry:

Dave - Time to visit Roto-Rooter, hope you have titanium prostate!!

-Evan
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

I was given a lead from a friend that was watching a documentary on 9/11 and told me he saw a Supacat with 3 stretchers ( this is the standard configuration of the SC's flipit trailer for ambulance use) at the rescue at the Pentagon on 9/11.
Finding it a bit hard to believe, but this friend was good on the details, and gave some details that most people don't notice,( or wouldn't know). I started to watch some film clips from that day at the Pentagon, and found this clip from later in the day.
In this clip, at 7:07 minutes into it (10 seconds of air time), a Mk3 Supacat is shown towing a light tower trailer. This leads me to believe that it was in use for the rescue/recovery, and later for logistical support.
. http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo ... tage_9_11/

Judging from the blue and amber beacons, the Supacat was assigned at/or near the Pentagon in some emergency response role.

Though the event is so tragic, I am pleased to see that a Supacat was in the US military, and involved and part of American history