(OT) The maddness continues

Posts about other Real 4x4's. Examples: Unimogs, Steyr-Puch G-wagens, Tatra, MAN, ex-military, etc. Please keep posts related to rare 4x4's, Euro/military/industrial and portal axle related off-road trucks. (This is not a Jeep forum)
David Dunn
United States of America

(OT) The maddness continues

Post by David Dunn »

If one wasn't enough, two has to be plenty. I just purchased one of Garfield's brothers. :roll:
This one has reportedly only 250 hours on it...now if I can only find one of those elusive flipit trailers

I could have just as easily posted pics of Garfield, and no one would know the difference. :lol: :twisted:

I can now start adding equipment I've accumulated over the past year to one of them.... among which is a complete soft top framework with windshields and soft doors. 8)

Anyone have a recommendation for a good shipper from Montreal?
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

You're a sick man Dave, no doubts about it now. I assume this is the one off of ebay?
dr4yrk9
Puerto Rico

Post by dr4yrk9 »

too cool dave.
Ed
1974 710 M
1974 712 M
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

undysworld wrote:You're a sick man Dave, no doubts about it now. I assume this is the one off of ebay?
I've never denied that. :lol:
It keeps people from messing with me, they never know what I'll do next. :shock:
This is the one off eBay.... funny, there have been 3 of them on eBay in the last year and a half, and I was high bidder on all of them. But none reached their reserve price. Negotiated the sale on the 2 CF Dart ones, the 3rd was an early model with a air cooled Citreon engine, and a non swimmer... no great lost.... the owner was just too proud of it.
I wish some one would let loose of a flipit trailer! ......I'll probably end up with all 10 of the CF DART Cats, and not one trailer :? :evil: :lol:
Some one up in Quebec keep their eyes open for one of them.... there's 20 of them running ( following) around, somewhere.
But I do have a Supacat RAF bomb disposal trailer... plus hopefully, another reeeeeal cool trailer will be here in time for the 2010 Gathering, in March 8)

Yes, I am sick!

4x4Pinz
United States of America

Post by 4x4Pinz »

Cool toy but I think I am going to stay with the Argo, yep Mark W there it is having fun in the driveway you should see it in the backyard after irrigation.

Image :lol:
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

4x4Pinz,
You need to go though these threads.
http://real4x4forums.com/PinzgauerBBS/v ... php?t=3631
and
http://real4x4forums.com/PinzgauerBBS/v ... php?t=3733

Much of this had been discussed before, but the Supacats are big, heavy piece of equipment, slightly wider than a full size US pickup, and these weighs in at 4200lbs. When driving it to local events, other drivers don't "feel like they own the road" anymore. :lol:

Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

Congrads Dave.
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

David Dunn wrote:4x4Pinz,
other drivers don't "feel like they own the road" anymore. :lol:

Crazy that other drivers in Cal would be intimidated by a rig that is equipped with a Jetta Engine!!!! :shock: :lol: Well I guess that is why Cal is Cal and while people out of Cal seem to think well

well no need to reply :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

This last week, I received the "birth certificate" on my new Cat from the factory. :D
Both my Cats are from the same CF contract, and equipped the same.
The chassis No. are 3 apart (#111, and #114), engine No. are also 3 apart. The interesting thing is, #114 was completed on Jan 26, 1997, and #111 was completed on Jan 27, 1997....one day apart, in reverse order of chassis no. :roll:
I'd say confusing, but it wasn't uncommon to see vehicles completed before ones started earlier.

David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

The second cat arrived last week

Double your pleasure,
Double your fun,
If it weren't for the name tag,
You couldn't tell which one. :wink:
( besides his kit on his back)

Over the weekend, after stowing the tracks , and removing the CF's ROPS, I got down into the bowels of the new cat.

Here you can see the VW/Audi 3 speed auto tranny, and the disc brakes from a LR Defender 110 ( there is also another set of disc brakes out board, behind the center tires)
Access is through 4 panels with 2 cam locks each, and 1 with 2 quick release screws

This is of the VW 1.9TDI .... not much different than the Turbo diesel that was powering VW Jettas and Passats..
you can see the fan which had selfdestructed at some point.... probably due to someone launching it into lake at too steep an angle, and water entering the front air intake
On the sidewall to the left of the disc brake, you see the oil reservoir for the automatic lube system for the chains and bearings.
And from the other side, you see one of the self loading ramps in it's storage area. Also the mid mount for the "self loading" 8000lb winch, which can be remounted to the tabs located at the rear, or to a set on the front, if a need arises.

EvanH

Post by EvanH »

I like the two cat carriers on the bench in the rear of the bottom picture - nice touch! And who said you didn't have a suble sense of humor???

Are you planning to train the Cats to use a litter box?

-Evan
ABSOLUTSECURITY

Post by ABSOLUTSECURITY »

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!