Some changes being made to the EFI kits

Old forum posts ending on Oct 21 '09

Moderator: TechMOGogy

Tony

Post by Tony »

Dear Massive Pinz;

I have been telling my girl friend, " Tracie Xtra " is her stage name, all about just how excited the world is getting about your EFI units, and that if she stayed at home more often I would have time to install the unit.

Sadly, it seems as though Tracie has run off in the middle of the afternoon with all my money.

Hence I will have to cancel my order. Which luckily for you won't cause a problem in your shipping Dept. seeing as how you are experiencing a delay in the intake side of things.

If I can do anything to help you out just let me know.

I know a lot of Evangelical preachers, and have the 8X10 B&Ws to prove it.

These guys have very extensive mailing lists of possible clients.

Merry Christmas
Tony
pinzwheeling

Post by pinzwheeling »

WTF?
Michael

Looking for a deal on a Toyota or used car?
email: rosenblumm@gmail.com
PinzEOD

Post by PinzEOD »

Bartender...I'll have whatever that gentleman on the floor was drinking.
Mike Newton 1973 712M (sold)
I do not like this word "bomb." It is not a bomb. It is a device that is exploding. Jacques le Blanc
Foz

Post by Foz »

You'll have to fight "Tracie" for it. :shock:
Foz
wd8cdh

Re: Some changes being made to the EFI kits

Post by wd8cdh »

MASSIVE PINZ wrote:These changes will not effect the price of the kits but may slow completion by a few weeks..

<snip>So....
I decided to try something with the intake plenum that would locate the injectors in it's primary runners, but not actually in the intake manifold. The manifold position of the injectors has it's benefits but with a couple of small changes that I am testing now it appears that we'll be able to maintain the benefits of the injector position without needing to modify the intake manifolds.

<snip>
The very good news is that I finally broke 20 MPG with my Pinz last week with the injctors in the "New" position... :shock:
Jake,

I think you will also find an improvement in low end torque too. That's why I went with the higher injector position on my Pinz EFI many years ago.
Ron Schroeder
WD8CDH
'73 710M
MASSIVE PINZ

Post by MASSIVE PINZ »

This location isn't really "High" its as low as we could possibly get it in the runner without the injector being in the manifold..

I have not noted a difference in the power or powerband with this location Vs the injector being 2" from the port as it previously was. when i went from the top position to the lower position I noted a HUGE difference in the power band and I needed to alter the MAP to attain the same AFR- thats not what I saw with this new position.

In my experience it has been beaten into my head numerous tikmes that the engine's combination dictates how it will respond to injector location more than anything else. The Pinz has a cylinder head flow margin that exceeds 110%, most passenger cars and trucks have a 70-80% margin and this ,makes the Pinz engine a completely different engine to manipulate along with its odd cam profile..

My 3.3L engine is being altered to have an 80% I/E ratio. It's ready to be assembled when I get a spare week or two...
Jake Raby
Owner, Raby's Aircooled Technology
www.aircooledtechnology.com