Rhino Liners

Old forum posts ending on Oct 21 '09

Moderator: TechMOGogy

712 Oman

Rhino Liners

Post by 712 Oman »

I'm awaiting a quote for rhino lining the inside of a 712K, it's the 3 door variant (driver, passanger & rear). Initially I'm interested in the lower half being coated.

Once you remove all the old panels and foam from the K it's a real tin can, so I was thinking maybe it's a good idea to do the hard top interior with rhino as well?

What is the forums experience of such linings and how does it help with noise and vibration reduction?

Cheers

Ian in Oman
Six wheels on my wagon, twelve wheels on the drive. The wife's car makes it 16 but the Pinzies they will thrive!
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I used Durabak on rear of my 710M. I first cleaned as much of the rust as I could and then used rust bullet on any exposed metal or rust areas. This was las summer. I used the light gray color, I should of used the dark gray. the light gray shows too much dirt, but does make it brighter.

Scooter
Kiwibru

Post by Kiwibru »

I sanded the rear bin and seat area of my 710M, then applied automotive silver Rust Bullet. After that cured for 24 hr. I rolled on 2 coats of a high quality oil base O.D. in satin semi-gloss, Sherwin Williams, 24 hr. apart.

Cured out fine, now dark inside again but all rust neutralized. For sound deadening I cut up a 3/4" thick stall mat (as used on dairy farms and for horses) and laid two pieces of that down on the floor. It not only takes the brunt of any cargo carried but does a good job of sound deadening.
1975 710M
jchobby
United States of America

Line-X

Post by jchobby »

I stipped my 712M to the bare metal using soda blasting. My truck had no rust, and I wanted to keep it that way. I did the whole interior (front & back), side rail area behind the wood rails, and bumpers etc. I have found it reduces the drive line noise a bit, and really gives the truck a great look. Good luck.
Jamey Rhoades
712M, EFI any time now, diesel trans, line-x, charcoal paint, the list goes on & on, and a smile every time I drive it.
Oberon

rhino lining

Post by Oberon »

Just my 2 cents. I got a rhino liner sprayed in the bed of my truck when I first bought it at Ziebart. (my pick up, not my pinz) All I can say is read the fine print of the warranty. Last year I put a large jobsite toolbox with metal caster wheels in the back of my truck, and as I rolled the box up towards the cab the wheels cut the bed liner and it peeled back, and I ended up with four 6in. slits in my liner. Took it back and was told that the warranty didn't cover cuts. It will cost me just under $200 to remove the damaged bed and respray it. the whole thing only cost $400. The way that they explain it in their ads and on t.v., these things are indestructable. Trust me, they're not. If I could do it again, I would've got a Line-X. They seem much harder and less rubbery(if thats even a word). I would never recommend a Rhino. Find something more durable.
Sorry for such a long rant, I just feel like I got hosed.
712 Oman

Post by 712 Oman »

Thanks Folks for the comments.

As far as I am aware only Rhino is represented locally so I don't have a lot of options.

However, the rep came a week ago to measure up and I still haven't had a quote. Maybe they are very popular and busy, or maybe it's a tricky jobnthey aren't so keen on?

The only thing I got verbally was that an ordinary pick up, like a hilux or ranger, costs just over U$ 300 equivalent. Which sounded reasonable????

Cheers

Ian
Six wheels on my wagon, twelve wheels on the drive. The wife's car makes it 16 but the Pinzies they will thrive!