How much for replacement 710m canvas tops?

Old forum posts ending on Oct 21 '09

Moderator: TechMOGogy

audiocontr
United States of America

How much for replacement 710m canvas tops?

Post by audiocontr »

...and how much for a decent used set of tops?
pcolette
United States of America

Post by pcolette »

New original tops are available from Swiss Army Vehicles http://www.pinzgauer.com/
Front soft top is # 7113870022 at $649
Rear soft top is # 7111870010 at $1750

Expedition Imports, the forum sponsor, has custom soft tops available.

I don't happen to have any used ones available but I'm sure someone does.
Paul
Paul C.
_________
'73 Swiss 710M
'89 Puch 230GE
ka

Post by ka »

ei says they lost their source for those tops. swiss army vehicles has original new tops, tho. i just got a new front from them to replace my shrunken one.
1973 710m
"it is not in the best interest of the shepherd to breed smarter sheep." ~ author unknown

press any key to continue or any other key to quit. ~author confidential
yaknowthatguy
United States of America

Post by yaknowthatguy »

Not sure where you're located.... but in addition to people who repair RV tarps, and sailmakers, you might consider going to Mexico. No joke - I had a convertible when I lived in San Diego years ago, and it got busted into, tore right through the top. Cheapest I could find on a replacement in SD was $1500 and 2 weeks. I had one made, quite well, for $200 and about 4 hours in Tijuana. Just a consideration.... Not that you necessarily want to take your pinz down there, but if you brought the ragtop they could make one...
ka

Post by ka »

also, audiocontr, be careful you dont get a used shrunken one. way too hard to fix as far as i could tell.
1973 710m
"it is not in the best interest of the shepherd to breed smarter sheep." ~ author unknown

GenevaPinz
Switzerland

Post by GenevaPinz »

Hi,

Last time I checked EI were not able to source the custom tops anymore... I let Scott bounce on this if the situation changed (or you can be sure with just a phone call to EI).

I personally purchased a custom top for my Pinz last year from Tuff River Stuff (www.tuffriverstuff.com). A bit pricey compared to Tijuana prices (but not much above the prices mentionned in the previous post for stock replacements). Anyway, I received a double layered top (much quieter than stock) of great quality, made in a modern fabric.
Additionally Ray (the owner) is an upstanding guy, it was a pleasure to be in business with him.

Quite a few forum members have Tuffriverstuff tops and seem to be as happy as I am with both the tops and the service.

Jan

PS: I know I need to post pics, but I need to get the Pinz fixed first...
Jan

'72 Pinzgauer 710M
ka

Post by ka »

tuff river isn't taking orders till aug, and then it's a possible 3 mo lead time. if anyone knows of ANY tops available from anywhere other than sav i'd appreciate the tip. i might need a new rear top. i might make a hard top even.
1973 710m

man on the mule

Post by man on the mule »

i have a front and rear top for a 710 m . the D rings have surface rust , the left rear window has a dime size hole (stick) the top is very soft and has no rips. ill take $1000 plus shipping for the two. (front and rear) if your interested contact me. im not super on the net, so maybe a call after dark (too much to do when the suns up )at this number 520 4197516. not past 8:30 im an old fart and bed calls early.
man on the mule. keep it real.
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

man on the mule wrote:i have a front and rear top for a 710 m . the D rings have surface rust , the left rear window has a dime size hole (stick) the top is very soft and has no rips. ill take $1000 plus shipping for the two. (front and rear) if your interested contact me. im not super on the net, so maybe a call after dark (too much to do when the suns up )at this number 520 4197516. not past 8:30 im an old fart and bed calls early.
Thanks much. I will give you a call.
djb_rh

Post by djb_rh »

I've got a complete stock top (front and rear) that I'd sell for $800 plus shipping. It's got a few pinhole sized holes in the top, but no tears. It also has pretty new plastic windows all the way around that still look *great*. I bought Jake Raby's Pinz and he had just had that work done.

I got a new Tuff River top made. GREAT STUFF! If you can wait, I highly recommend it. Fit and finish were AWESOME.

Feel free to email me at djb _@_ donniebarnes.com (remove spaces and underscores). I have minimal pics of this top as it's already removed, but could get some of it spread out on the ground if necessary. It can NOT be shipped until a week after next, however.

--Donnie
dr4yrk9
Puerto Rico

Post by dr4yrk9 »

I ditto the comments on the tuff river tops. I have them on my 710 and 712. They are very well insulated, they make the pinzies quieter, cooler during the summer and warmer during the winter. Ray is a super nice guy and produces a very high quality product. Highly recommended.
Ed
1974 710 M
1974 712 M