OutKast Engineering selling winch bumper... $2,250

4x4's and 6x6's, parts, services and goods for sale. Dealers posting vehicle ads must donate something to the cause.
Mact

Re: Gauer Garage selling winch bumper... $2,250

Post by Mact »

TechMOGogy,

Thanks for the welcome! Location fill out.

Edzz,

I think you understand that not what I am saying. Exchanging ideas and product infomation
is always helpful. Thanks for your welcome

Just a Pinz owner for the last couple of years Not a mechanic just love the Pinz. By the way that is my
Pinz in the pictures.The one with the ugly bumper and the one that buried in mud. That when I had it changed to at
one wth better approach angle. It works great for me.
I have no dog in the fight. If it work for you, all is good.
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

Mact wrote:TechMOGogy,

Thanks for the welcome! Location fill out.

Edzz,

I think you understand that not what I am saying. Exchanging ideas and product infomation
is always helpful. Thanks for your welcome

Just a Pinz owner for the last couple of years Not a mechanic just love the Pinz. By the way that is my
Pinz in the pictures.The one with the ugly bumper and the one that buried in mud. That when I had it changed to at
one wth better approach angle. It works great for me.
I have no dog in the fight. If it work for you, all is good.
Cool
Since you own the bumper can you let us know the design thinking with the width?
Perhaps it is just the angle of the shot? Does it match the side rails?
How well do the hi-Lift jack points work?
Do you know why the winch is mount up so high - is it just for approach angle reasons?
Thanks - any info is great.
My issue was ultimately the way their ad put down another's design - no need for that.
Cheers,
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
Mact

Post by Mact »

The bumper sides do match the side rub rails. I had them made out of 2x2 metal square stock. Rub rails have a ladder on both side to get the top racks. Both ladders are removable so I can take the soft top off.
The Hi-Lift jack points are great. The jack will not move when hooked in. I would suggest them to every Pinz owner no matter which bumper you have.

The first winch set up did not work well at all. You can see by the mud stuck in it on the picture. The second works great. Much better approach angle. Put the winch up at that height to make sure there was enought air flow to the engine.
YourMomma

Post by YourMomma »

Hello all,
This will be the first and last time I post to this forum!
I am the builder of the bumper in question and would like to clear up a few things. I apologize for my tardiness in addressing this issue but there was a delay in activating my account. Apparently who's ever job it is to take care of that had better things to do.....Entering a dog in someones else's fight perhaps?

First of all where exactly did you get Gauer Garage??? Somewhere between smoking your breakfast and drinking your supper you came up with an imaginary connection between my company and theirs?!?! To be clear the only connection is that I know the owners and they buy bumpers from me.....NOTHING MORE! I'm sure they'll accept your apology!
TechMOGogy wrote:and slams others builders!!
I slammed no other builders...simply pointed out to those who might not know any better an obvious design flaw that seriously hampers the approach angle of a machine it was meant to enhance!! Unless you subscribe to the notion that a 100LBS of mud stuck to the nose somehow enhances the vehicle. What I stated is no different than Ford claiming to get better fuel mileage than Dodge!

While your up on the gilded soapbox, the pedestal of the truly righteous perhaps you can tell us how you smearing my good name and Gauer Garage in this thread is different somehow to my alleged transgression? I can't help feel something else is at play here??? I'll save you the trouble of a reply. You are a cheerleader for another bumper builder.....Who would have thought it!?!?
TechMOGogy wrote:Prof Pinz did one like that
Contact Andre he can fab anything you want
:roll:
TechMOGogy wrote:Don't like their selling tactics and I question their design - width, weight, winch placement and their asking price!
Lots of questions....And to what do you question with? Your engineering degree? Your countless years of fab experience? Your many hours on the phone with Warn techs? The hundreds of custom bumpers that you have built? Or just the simple desire to generate business for your boy while trying to hinder the competition? Save it anybody reading this thread with more than three brain cells to rub together can figure it out on their own!
Don't like the price??? Tough! I'm not in the habit of giving Harbor Freight pricing because someone is used to shopping at Harbor Freight! Try that crap with the Snap-On man and let me know how it works out! People get the quality they are willing to pay for!
TechMOGogy wrote:Oh and for that price you may need to tweak it a bit when mounting :shock:
Yes on some of the more battered PinzGauers it may be necessary...Nothing I can do about it.

Overall I score you EPIC FAIL!!!

Cheers Jerk!

Glenn
Last edited by YourMomma on Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
YourMomma

Post by YourMomma »

Mact wrote:I read this forum for all the great information it provides me.

Can we just let the market decide on these products? There is room for everybody.

Thanks
So true....A tree of wisdom in a forest of idiots! Thanks Mact I am glad you like the bumper.

Glenn
Last edited by YourMomma on Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

Apparently a childish reaction went overboard on the forum and unnecessary things were posted with some being deleted. Sorry but for the second time this year (with many many years of it never happening) I am deleting another account.

Opinions are hard to take sometimes but they do need to be dealt with in mature way. Sorry but I think that bumper needs work and that's that... my opinion. Don't like me saying that? Too bad my friend. As a seller it might be best to let your work speak for itself and maybe take some opinions into consideration on occasion.

And wow, did I get accused not activating an account for some reason other than just not getting around to it for, what, 2-3 days?? ...as well as the log-in name and email looking like typical markings of spam... Sorry but no one is perfect, much like a lot of initial design work.

Back to being civil.
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!