Pinzgauer Solid State Ignition Systems

4x4's and 6x6's, parts, services and goods for sale. Dealers posting vehicle ads must donate something to the cause.
pinzinator

Pinzgauer Solid State Ignition Systems

Post by pinzinator »

I have several ignition systems in stock available for immediate shipment. Several Pinz owners on Real 4X4 have installed the PinzSSI unit with great results.
Check the web site out- http://www.pinzssi.com

ako

Re: Pinzgauer Solid State Ignition Systems

Post by ako »

Need to buy one of these kits - thought I would bump your post up at the same time.

Can you please let me know the shipping weight?

Need to work out if it will be cheaper to send to my USA mailing address or my residential address.

Thanks,

Mick
muttandjeeps

Post by muttandjeeps »

Best Mod EVER!
1990 Puch "G"
1974 710M
1982 712A - The farm truck (moved to Montana)
1971 710K (moved to Mass)
1975 710M (moved to VA)
1974 710M
1975 TGB 1111 x2
1980 Unimog U1300
pinzinator

Post by pinzinator »

Shipping weight is 6.3 pounds. Shipping is included in the price, international shipping is $50 more. I would advise shipping to the USA address, since international shipping takes longer, is risky, and can add taxes upon delivery.
mopar
United States of America

Post by mopar »

So tempted to to bite the bullet and give it a try since
muttandjeeps wrote:Best Mod EVER!
you keep swearing it is the best thing since sliced bread.

1974 712M AKA the Banana
1974 710M AKA the project truck
1987 718M Now Sold
1975 Volvo TGB1111 Now Sold
1973 Pinzgauer 712M x2 Now Sold
1963 404S Now Sold
pinzinator

Post by pinzinator »

I give a 14 day guarantee. If you install the system and don't like the performance, or for ANY reason, you get a full refund within the first 14 days of receiving the kit. No questions, period.

I have never had a system returned to me.
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Post by 4x4Pinz »

Have had the unit installed for a short while and a couple tanks of gas. It is definitely one of the better mods you can do to make the truck run like it should. If you don't like the smell of your exhaust then this will surely help with that problem. The exhaust smell in mine is not even noticeable now. I think I want to set it a little more advanced and see if I can squeak out just a little more power (heavy truck and taller tires). Don't really notice improvements in starting but fuel economy, lack of exhaust smell and MUCH smoother running engine are very noticeable. Played in the water a little but not enough for a good test. that will come in time.
ako

Post by ako »

pinzinator wrote:Shipping weight is 6.3 pounds. Shipping is included in the price, international shipping is $50 more. I would advise shipping to the USA address, since international shipping takes longer, is risky, and can add taxes upon delivery.
Thanks for the prompt response.

It will cost me about $63 from USA address, but like you mention it saves 5% import duty and gets to me within a week via tracked shipping. Will take this option.

I won't be able to give you a before/after comparison as my truck cme without any distributor :oops: :mrgreen:
Ian
Australia

Post by Ian »

Hi Rick,

Seeing this post made me realise I never did give you any feedback after fitting your SSI last year. The unit has been working really well without fault. I modified the exhaust at the same time (and have now changed it again) so can't comment of any performance improvements, although to be honest I don't think performance has improved.
Having said that, cold and hot starting is definitely better, it picks up better with less lag or flat spot and generally just runs better. It always comes back to a more consistent and reliable idle too, so I'm really happy with it thanks.

I haven't been through any really deep water, but deep enough for the engine to go very quiet (as presumably the fan is pushing water over the cylinders..) It hasn't missed a beat, although I did make a little 'shroud' to go round the dizzy as a precaution, whether its needed or not.

There's a youtube clip here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBqgd9V9Oew of the trip to the west coast of Tasmania I said I was going on straight after fitting it, if you (or anyone else is interested) there's a few other clips in Tassie too you could find from there, but as it's usually me filming, the Pinz isn't always in them that much.

Again, thanks for your great service and to anyone thinking of installing one, I'd definitely recommend it.
ako

Post by ako »

Just ordered my system 8)
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

Not to go off topic...
Ian - why/how is your Pinz so quiet??
There are parts where you are inside your Pinz filming and you can hear wind noise but your Pinz sounds like a Lexus!?!
Must be the SSI!
Cheers,
Dan
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
GenevaPinz
Switzerland

Post by GenevaPinz »

I can hear a little voice in my head (I mean, a new one), getting louder every day... "buuuuy it... buuuuuuuuuy it!!" :wink:
Jan

'72 Pinzgauer 710M
Andre
United States of America

Post by Andre »

The difference it makes on your engine is about as drastic as your ride change switching from maloyas to "ANY" other radial civilian tire.
Fat Fabrications
2993 FM 1647
Winnsboro, TX. 75494
fatfabrications@yahoo.com
(903) 365-2332 shop
(951) 765-7224 mobile
Facebook.com/dokapinz6x6
Www.fatfabrications.com
Ian
Australia

Post by Ian »

TechMOGogy wrote:Not to go off topic...
Ian - why/how is your Pinz so quiet??
There are parts where you are inside your Pinz filming and you can hear wind noise but your Pinz sounds like a Lexus!?!
Must be the SSI!
Cheers,
Dan
Hi Dan,

Lots of soundproofing!!! Most of the interior is lined with something or other and there is not much bare metal anymore. The difference it made is incredible.. well I can talk to the kids in the back now as I'm driving along for one!
eToothpaste

Post by eToothpaste »

I lost spark this weekend and after a few hours of fiddling I thought "why not just drop in the SSI!" Really looking forward to it and I hope you still have one on the shelf.

How does this change the carb tuning process?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Matt

1972 710m