1972 710m Pinzgauer for sale in Colorado

4x4's and 6x6's, parts, services and goods for sale. Dealers posting vehicle ads must donate something to the cause.
Douwe

1972 710m Pinzgauer for sale in Colorado

Post by Douwe »

Hi all, We used to be pretty active in the Pinz community until kids started coming along. So for the last 8 years the Pinz has been seeing less and less usage. The point has now come that we are parting with it to make space for a 4x4 Full size van.

Long story short: There's a Pinz for sale on Craigslist (http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5517226221.html) with the following description.

1972 Pinzgauer 710m
$11,500 (Updated price)

All around good condition. Runs excellent, never had any issues with the engine or the drive train.
Always passed emissions without a problem.
Canvas top is in good shape
Side windows are modified so that they can be easily removed
Aftermarket front bumper.
Body is in excellent shape, very little rust.
Rear differential has the Exec II upgrade so that pinion gear rides on bushing instead of steel pin
Replaced front seats with bucket seats
Forward facing rear bucket seats with 4-pt seatbelts
Battery guard (BG-40) installed to protect batteries if lights are left on
Transfer case was rebuilt
Drum brake shoe linings replaced and drums turned
Civilian spark plugs and wires
Gas tank was removed and cleaned to remove red lining (cause of "red death")

more pictures are available at the following link:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/134132962@N08/5U4130

Douwe

Re: 1972 710m Pinzgauer for sale in Colorado (priced too low

Post by Douwe »

Bump for a reasonably priced, clean Pinzgauer. Maybe my price is too low and people are questioning the condition? Maybe I should be posting it for $17k or something like that to get taken seriously :?
Douwe

Re: 1972 710m Pinzgauer for sale in Colorado

Post by Douwe »

Just to give the story of this Pinz, here is.

Well, it all started in 2003 when we bought it from an private seller here in Colorado. We had a choice of several Pinzies at the time and Dennis Williams (one of the premier mechanics on these types of trucks) recommended we get this one. He said that this was one of the better running Pinzies he had seen in a long time. He was right on the money because this thing has never let us down and has always run smoothly and passed emissions without problems.

My wife and I took it all over Colorado, Wyoming and Utah on various trails ranging from forest roads, to old mining trails to some of the more difficult trails in Moab. It really is remarkable what this thing can do and the types of terrain it can tackle.

Shortly after we bought it we took it on a tour of Colorado, including an outing near Ouray and Telluride. We were just following some of the trails on the map and decided to take Poughkeepsie Gulch just for fun. At the biggest obstacle there ("The Wall") we saw a couple jeeps and land cruisers having a hard time going up. As they were taking a break I just locked it all around and drove up it like it wasn't even there and continued on the trail. Later when we got to Telluride we asked a 4x4 shop owner what some of the more difficult trail were so that we could try those, and he mentioned that Poughkeepsie was one of the better ones. At that point we know that we had just purchased one of the best stock 4x4 vehicles.

We continued using it and exploring the area around us with lots of camping and four-wheeling. We did the major trails in Moab several times such as Gold Bar Rim, Poison Spider, and Golden Spike.

The engine runs remarkably clean and strong and the vehicle as a whole has been super reliable. Once the kids started coming along we have been using the truck less and less. So now the time has come to change gears and sell our beloved Pinzgauer.
Hotzenplotz
Austria

Post by Hotzenplotz »

Douwe

as the kids get older, they will appreciate the pinz more and more.
my humble opinion is, keep it ( kids grow incredibly fast ) or trade it in for a 712

speaking from experience, my 712 is a toy I love to share with both of my sons !
Cheers
Albert
========================
My Pinz has NEVER been with any army
Douwe

Post by Douwe »

Maybe you're right and I should just keep it. We just bought a new 4x4 van though and we're kind of packed with our driveway situation... After looking back at previous pictures and watching some videos I certainly got a bit nostalgic.
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

Keep it
It is worth more than your selling it for, just no buyers around yet.
If there were 1-2 buyer out there it would be gone in a heart beat and you won't
ever replace it for $11,500!
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker