FS - 1975 Pinz 710M in Northeast Louisiana

4x4's and 6x6's, parts, services and goods for sale. Dealers posting vehicle ads must donate something to the cause.
PINZDKH
United States of America

FS - 1975 Pinz 710M in Northeast Louisiana

Post by PINZDKH »

1975 Pinzgauer 710M

Manufactured by Steyr-Puch in Austria, this very capable machine has an air cooled gasoline 4 cylinder engine, 5 speed plus reverse transmission, high and low range gearing (so its really a 10 speed with 2 reverse gears), completely sealed driveline, portal hubs, 4x4 and diff locks shift on the fly. YouTube search for Pinzgauer 710M and you’ll see just how capable these things are!

If you are looking for anonymity then this vehicle is not for you. If you want a vehicle that will pretty much go anywhere then it IS for you. It will NOT blend in the crowd. It stands out wherever you go and people often walk up and ask “What is it?”, “Where did you get it?”, “Where can I get one?”, “Can I take pictures?”, etc. The last two years we have taken it to the Mississippi Cruising the Coast event in October and it has been a complete hit both trips… this event is really geared towards classic cars / hot rods / etc but the crowd LOVES the Pinz wherever it goes.

While this machine is very well engineered and does not require much upkeep, pretty much any part you may ever need is available from either SAV (Swiss Army Vehicles in Fort Smith, Arkansas) or Expedition Imports in California.

UPGRADES / MODIFICATIONS:

• COMPLETE new insulated top from Tuff River Stuff made specifically for the 710M. There are no tops on the market that even come close to the fit and quality of this top. The windows have permanent screens and roll up covers. ALL hardware was blasted and powder coated black prior to sending to Tuff River Stuff for installation on the new top. The sides can easily be rolled up or the entire top can be removed without a lot of effort.
• Clear Louisiana title in my name. Licensed for full on-road highway use and insured along with our regular vehicles no problem.
• Has both removable upper door halves with sliding glass windows… GREAT to have in the cool weather, easily removed for warmer weather.
• Vehicle is 24 volts. Both batteries are in excellent condition and are approximately 1.5 years old.
• ALL new brake pads and wheel cylinders – all four wheels
• Four new rubber boots at axle pivot points
• New steering box housing
• FIVE (5) new BF Goodrich T/A KM2 tires – only approximately 1500 easy road miles on them. These wheels and tires have NO external balancing as they have balance beads in them and they do not shimmy, shake, or vibrate at any speed.
• PINZSSI solid state ignition system – no more points! Very reliable
• NEW OEM fuel pump
• New valve cover gaskets (no leaks)
• Rebuilt and synchronized both carburetors
• Rebuilt alternator
• New OEM fan belt
• Upgraded to electronic speedometer. Calibrated properly and reads in MPH.
• New aftermarket aluminium interior door panels
• Replaced all shifter bushings and installed new OEM shifter lever assembly – very tight
• Marine battery disconnect with key
• Completely rebuilt all three hydraulic control units (4x4 engage, front and rear diff lock units). Replaced lever assemblies as needed and correctly color coded the lever arms as per OEM. All rebuild kits were OEM. Replaced all rubber fittings from fluid reservoir to control units and used stainless steel safety wire to seal and secure them in place.
• Factory Pintle hitch upgraded to a 2” ball / Pintle combination hitch.
• Replaced black knobs on hydraulic control levers as needed with new OEM ones.
• NEW LED tail lights from Oviedo Safety Lights – best looking ones I have found – were expensive but look and operate as they should. These are the same people that make lights for fire trucks, ambulances, etc. Also upgraded the relay for proper flashing of turn signals. These lights fit the available area perfectly on the Pinz.
• Replaced both transmission to transfer case U-joints with OEM units – VERY EXPENSIVE – these are not available at your local auto parts store.
• Royal Purple synthetic oil in transmission, transfer case, front and rear differentials. Non-synthetic gear oil used in portal hubs as per OEM recommendations. ALL oils have been changed.
• Windshield wiper motor upgraded to newer style unit from Swiss Army Vehicles. No more plastic drive gear that was prone to failure.

I hate to sell this vehicle but I’ve gotten to the point where I hate debt even more and this awesome Pinz spends most of its time sitting in my shop waiting to be used. No doubt I will regret selling it but its time.

Asking $19,750.

Located in Delhi, Louisiana (northeast part of Louisiana). I prefer local pick-up but I will assist in getting it on your shipper’s truck, shipping container, or a U-Ship trailer or whatever – common sense applies here – payment in full before it goes ANYWHERE, no money orders, etc. I will take a personal check BUT the vehicle will not be released until my bank gives the ALL CLEAR on the funds. Delivery assistance may be a consideration but it depends on just where you want it to go – tell me where and I’ll tell you if I can do it and what it would cost for me to haul it to you (any delivery fee is not included in the sale price).
Attachments
383.JPG
383.JPG (1.7 MiB) Viewed 2334 times
tlannom
United States of America

Re: FS - 1975 Pinz 710M in Northeast Louisiana

Post by tlannom »

PM sent
mvon2054
United States of America

Re: FS - 1975 Pinz 710M in Northeast Louisiana

Post by mvon2054 »

Sir,

I have been searching the market for the better part of a year for a Pinz in this condition!! I am EXTREMELY interested in purchasing it. It looks amazing and it is clearly well kept! Two questions:

1. Is your 710m still available?

2. Do you have any more pictures of the body, and pictures inside the cab and the rear?

I have also sent you a direct message with my personal email address and mobile number. Thank you in advance for your time.

mvon2054
Atlanta, GA