VW Westy pop top cap conversion for a 710M in CO. PICS ADDED

4x4's and 6x6's, parts, services and goods for sale. Dealers posting vehicle ads must donate something to the cause.
Rocky Mountain Westy

VW Westy pop top cap conversion for a 710M in CO. PICS ADDED

Post by Rocky Mountain Westy »

Hey Guys,

so many moons ago I made a custom hard top for my Pinzgauer Using a 1980 Volkswagen Vanagon Shell with the fiberglass pop top. It is about 1 1/4 wider on each side. You have to remove the rear roll bar. It sits up on the bed sides and attaches to the front roll bar and the windshield. It has the original rear hatch door and the original side sliding door has been cut down to fit. It has a nice heavy duty Burgandy three window canvas tent in it. I would say the project is 85 percent done. It needs some stuff finished up but all the ard splicing and stuctual work is done. It makes your pinz about a foot taller. It would look awesome if someone finished it out and painted it the same color as their truck. So yes it is a little bit of a project but you will have a pop top Pinzgauer that you can sleep in the upper bunk. All the bed and mattrass is there too.

I can show it in person. I don't have any pictures of it. I took it off my truck 5 years ago. and it has been sitting in storage. The stuctureal work to attach it to the Pinzgauer is very solid. When it is all bolted on, it is part of the truck.

I am asking $2000 for it. I will ship it if necessary. Please don't ask for pictures. There are a couple floating around the web but I can't find them. Hopefully someone in Colorad will come look at it and buy it.

Asking $2000, definitely open to offers. It would be hard to start from sctratch and build one for cheaper than this price.

Please email me at Mike@rmwesty.com

Here is the picture of the actual top. Just the top is for sale. It would be sweet if someone finished this out. I could even offer to finish it out for someone.

Last edited by Rocky Mountain Westy on Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
edzz
United States of America

Re: VW Westy pop top cap conversion for a Pinzgauer in Color

Post by edzz »

Gee I wonder where I saw that? :roll:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6850

Odd looking thing.
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
Rocky Mountain Westy

Re: VW Westy pop top cap conversion for a Pinzgauer in Color

edzz wrote:Gee I wonder where I saw that? :roll:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6850

Odd looking thing.

Thanks for the eye roll champ. what a great emotioncon. The above van in the link is not the one for sale. That is what my 710 is currently transforming into.

The topper that is for sale bolts directly onto a 710 body. ditch your soft top and turn it into a pop up hard top.
Rocky Mountain Westy

Re: VW Westy pop top cap conversion for a 710M in CO. PICS A

This top has huge potential. Someone should really buy it. I am negotiable on my price too. I am just trying to do some Spring cleaning.

Come check it out and make me a offer.