Custom Pinzgauer Cabinets

4x4's and 6x6's, parts, services and goods for sale. Dealers posting vehicle ads must donate something to the cause.
Bruce Berger

Custom Pinzgauer Cabinets

Post by Bruce Berger »

I have a set of custom cabinets for a Pinzgauer made by Warfield Offroad for sale. They originally cost $1200. I intended to use them for storage when taking the Pinzgauer on extended solo camping trips but my plans changed and I have a different rig for that. I now need the passenger seating in the Pinzgauer.

The drawers use marine latches like those used on some high end overlanding vehicles. You push in the middle and the pull pops out to open the drawer.

There are two stacking units which replace one seat in the back pictured below. I have never mounted them in the truck. There are a couple of metal frames that Andre made to hold the cabinets in place. I decided that I wanted something stronger to hold them in place so I was going to make some substantial plywood mounts to hold the cabinets until my plans changed.

Here are the lower cabinets that make up the sleeping surface. The idea is to remove two seats on the left side and fasten these to the floor butted up against the side to make a sleeping area the same dimensions as the two seats folded down. Each drawer slides out to within 2" of full extension. The left most unit is accessible from outside the truck with the rear door open (at least in an M model). The right most unit has a hatch since the transmission cover would interfere with drawer. These cabinets use locking plastic marine D-ring latches.

I'm asking $800 OBO for everything. I can deliver them to the Calico Mogfest in October. Since they are large and somewhat heavy I don't want to ship them.
Last edited by Bruce Berger on Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bruce Berger
'72 Pinzgauer 710M 2.6i
mit Beck-LaGuardia Elektronischer Einspritzung
mm58
United States of America

Re: Custom Pinzgauer Cabinets

Post by mm58 »

I'd be interested in seeing the other pics.
How would the drawer unit in your OP attach to the Pinz? (I have a "K" hardtop)
Do the drawers have some sort of catch/lock mechanism to keep them from opening while driving?
Are they on full extension glides?

Thanks
Mike

'76 710K
Bruce Berger

Re: Custom Pinzgauer Cabinets

Post by Bruce Berger »

Mike,

I updated the post with pictures of the lower cabinets and a more detailed description. Please let me know if you have any addition questions.
Bruce Berger
'72 Pinzgauer 710M 2.6i
mit Beck-LaGuardia Elektronischer Einspritzung