Is Anyone in the U.S. parting out A 712?

4x4's and 6x6's, parts, services and goods for sale. Dealers posting vehicle ads must donate something to the cause.
Yannick

Is Anyone in the U.S. parting out A 712?

Post by Yannick »

I'm looking for a 712m body, doors etc. for a custom V8, live Axle, tube chassis build. Thanks!
Haf-e
United States of America

Re: Is Anyone in the U.S. parting out A 712?

Post by Haf-e »

If you are going to do that much work on a Pinzgauer it wouldn't really matter what you started with - 712M or 710M versions. The only real difference body wise is an additional ~3 feet on the very back. You could always extend the cab area to allow use of the shorter 710M side boards.

I know years ago that Scott at Expedition-Imports sold a pair of Pinzgauer bodies to a guy who was planning on doing much of what you are suggesting - he might be able to put you in contact with the guy.

I like the idea - in a twisted kind of way - but are you really going to try and go with it as a 6x6 or will it just be a 4x4 with big tires? I suppose you won't be putting portal axles as the tires will probably be taller. I think this makes more sense then trying to modify a real Pinz to use large tires and such - like the one in Russia -

And your approach will result in more used/spare pinzgauer parts being available instead of just a bunch of broken parts instead.

I saw from your profile link that you are capable of pulling this off -

http://www.sirecustomperformance.com/

Good luck and keep us posted!
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

Very Cool twin V-8 HotRod!!! What is used to couple the two engines together? Really nice header work. :!: :!: :!: :!:
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Thanks guys!!!! The coupler was part of a 04 Pontiac gto driveline that i modified here's a link..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM0wN0zRhgk
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Haf-e wrote:If you are going to do that much work on a Pinzgauer it wouldn't really matter what you started with - 712M or 710M versions. The only real difference body wise is an additional ~3 feet on the very back. You could always extend the cab area to allow use of the shorter 710M side boards.

I know years ago that Scott at Expedition-Imports sold a pair of Pinzgauer bodies to a guy who was planning on doing much of what you are suggesting - he might be able to put you in contact with the guy.

I like the idea - in a twisted kind of way - but are you really going to try and go with it as a 6x6 or will it just be a 4x4 with big tires? I suppose you won't be putting portal axles as the tires will probably be taller. I think this makes more sense then trying to modify a real Pinz to use large tires and such - like the one in Russia -

And your approach will result in more used/spare pinzgauer parts being available instead of just a bunch of broken parts instead.

I saw from your profile link that you are capable of pulling this off -

http://www.sirecustomperformance.com/

Good luck and keep us posted!

I haven't decided on what axles..dana 44's or 60's but they will be portal,
http://www.axletech.com/na_en/products/ ... ?t=7&id=54

I still wanna start with a 712/718 but.....extending the cab?!!! Hmmmmm 4door... that would be sweet!!!
Ok .. something's gonna happen soon! The fire is lit!
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

So a DK model
A few came from the factory that way - 4 door Doka cabs
Why not go with real portals like some out of a 406 Mog?
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

TechMOGogy wrote:So a DK model
A few came from the factory that way - 4 door Doka cabs
Why not go with real portals like some out of a 406 Mog?
Oh.. did't know that! My concern with portals is is the lack of power handling and sustained high speed driving!
What i'm gonna build will have a relative small Turbo ls V8 so 500-600hp and maybe up to 700tq? and has to be able to cruise at 80mph so we'll see?
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

I've been 65 in a pinz...can't imagine 80. That grab bar is there for a reason.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

krick3tt wrote:I've been 65 in a pinz...can't imagine 80. That grab bar is there for a reason.
I think you have to image a custom truck with just the body of a Pinz. So much wider etc
So it would just looks like a Pinz but have the speed and articulation of a truggy.
Could be kinda cool - may be the only way to get a "Pinz" into the KOHammers :mrgreen:
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

...so, you're talking Hummer?
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

TechMOGogy wrote:
krick3tt wrote:I've been 65 in a pinz...can't imagine 80. That grab bar is there for a reason.
I think you have to image a custom truck with just the body of a Pinz. So much wider etc
So it would just looks like a Pinz but have the speed and articulation of a truggy.
Could be kinda cool - may be the only way to get a "Pinz" into the KOHammers :mrgreen:

Your spot on other than it wont be for competition! Pretty much a pinz 6x6 on steroids. I love the look size of the thing but I need performance.