Pinz and Others - Mount Airly - Blue Mountains Aust

Postings/pictures/video about off-road fun in Real 4x4's. (European-centric 4x4's)
Garrycol
Australia

Pinz and Others - Mount Airly - Blue Mountains Aust

Post by Garrycol »

I thought I would draw you Pinz guys to these great vids from just north of where I live in Aust. Pinz 6x6 action with some Landies and a poor Zook.

Part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCKaaEVTanY

Part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9P7EX8U7TI

Garry
1973 Haflinger AP700
1977 Landrover FC 101
2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6
1971 Jaguar Series 3 E-Type Conv
1957 Landrover 88" Station Wagon
1957 Landrover 88"
one2many
Australia

Re: Pinz and Others - Mount Airly - Blue Mountains Aust

Post by one2many »

I just watched these vids a few days ago...and again yesterday, that was some pretty impressive off-roading but that track was pretty hard on those two Pinzgauers. I wouldn't want my diff casing dropping onto the rocks like that and if I did I would have been straight out to check it.
What baffled me was they took that track only to turn around and come back the same way, must be a very special spot at the end of that track.

I've never seen or heard of these two 712's and at a guess they've been down in OZ for a while as they are RHDrive, it'd be good to go out with some other Pinzgauers.
Garrycol do you know who they are?
1985 pinzgauer 712K factory 2.7lt civilian (RHD, 4 door K)
1979 Volvo tgb 1314a (under construction to om606 diesel/722.6 trans. Dual cab/tray)
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

Fun looking trails!
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!

Garrycol
Australia

Post by Garrycol »

one2many wrote:I just watched these vids a few days ago...and again yesterday, that was some pretty impressive off-roading but that track was pretty hard on those two Pinzgauers. I wouldn't want my diff casing dropping onto the rocks like that and if I did I would have been straight out to check it.
What baffled me was they took that track only to turn around and come back the same way, must be a very special spot at the end of that track.

I've never seen or heard of these two 712's and at a guess they've been down in OZ for a while as they are RHDrive, it'd be good to go out with some other Pinzgauers.
Garrycol do you know who they are?
I didn't think it was the diff casing on the Pinz that was grounding - certainly was for the Landies (the Pinz would have twice the ground clearance under the diff) - I thought it was that support that runs from the bumper back to the diff. The track is to the top of Mt Airly so i guess it is a one way track to the top.

Sorry - I just came across the vids and thought they might be of interest - not being a Pinz person I dont know anything about these vehicles.

Cheers

Garry
1973 Haflinger AP700
1977 Landrover FC 101
2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6
1971 Jaguar Series 3 E-Type Conv
1957 Landrover 88" Station Wagon
1957 Landrover 88"