Vermont Overland Rally 2017

Postings/pictures/video about off-road fun in Real 4x4's. (European-centric 4x4's)
63rover
Canada

Vermont Overland Rally 2017

Post by 63rover »

https://youtu.be/YqEQx_F05KM
Attachments area
Preview YouTube video Vermont Overland Rally 2017

Tried a new event (for me) this fall and would highly recommend the weekend to everyone. Registration opens on New Yeas Day and about 180 vehicles attended. Met Brady there with his 712K. It is a fund-raiser for the local school but the cost is well worth it personally and the kids benefit too.

Cheers, Clive
m15256
United States of America

Re: Vermont Overland Rally 2017

Post by m15256 »

Thanks for your link to Vermont Overland. I've been searching high and low for any 4X4 get togethers in the Northeast. They are few and far between. Also it seems like the only trails in New England are on private land and hard to access. There seems to be one on State property in northern NH. I don't expect to find a group of Volvo's to mess round with. But I'll join up with Unimogs or Rovers or even Jeeps if they get together anywhere.

Rick C303
m15256
United States of America

Post by m15256 »

My son and I are headed up to Reading Vt for the rally this weekend. Starts on Thursday. They've changed the name to Vermont Overland Birdwatching Safari. Anyone else headed that way? It would be great to meet up and trade stories.
Rick C303
63rover
Canada

Post by 63rover »

Sorry to say that I won't make it this year but do plan to get back in the future. Have a great time.

Cheers, Clive
m15256
United States of America

Post by m15256 »

My son and I had a fun trip to Vermont the end of September. Met a great bunch of people at the Vermont Overland Birdwatching Safari. Brady with the Pinz from MA really gave my friend Justin in an M37 and my C303 a whirlwind introduction to Vermont Class 4 roads. Some of which look remarkably the same as the nearby streams and ledges. Holden (my son) and I ripped the mirrors off the Volvo and laughed the whole time. I understand that there is another C303 in Boston. He should go next year. Big collection of Land Rovers, Unimogs, etc.
I have tried to attach a photo of a line up of a few vehicles to this post.

Rick
Attachments
VOBS lineup.png
VOBS lineup.png (1.77 MiB) Viewed 5463 times