Rincon trail ride

Postings/pictures/video about off-road fun in Real 4x4's. (European-centric 4x4's)
Jim LaGuardia
United States of America

Rincon trail ride

Post by Jim LaGuardia »

Dave and I are planning a ride on Sunday, The trail is 26 miles each way, so plan on 3-4 hours.
Dave is checking on the permits :twisted:
Cheers, Jim LaGuardia
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Goatwerks/
"Arch Magus of Machines."
rbalkenhol

Rincon Trail Ride

Post by rbalkenhol »

Hello Jim (and Dave),

Would this be the Rincon Trail in the Angeles Forest that starts
about 20 miles from the forest entry station at Azusa?

-Bob B.[/quote]
Jim LaGuardia
United States of America

Post by Jim LaGuardia »

Yup, that's the one.
So all you L.A. and OC guys it's in YOUR backyard, come have some fun 8)
Cheers, Jim LaGuardia
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Goatwerks/
"Arch Magus of Machines."
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Hi yall
A 2 week permit ( no cost) is issued for this trail by the Forestry Service. All that is needed is a driver's lic # and vehicle registration. Adventure Passes are not needed for the trail. (The pass is only needed for parking on the side of the public roads).
The permit is available at the USFS distrist office in Glendora during the week, or at the OHV entrance on the weekend ( less than a half mile from the trail's start). The trail is 26 miles long and there is nothing challenging about it, just scenic (my last time through was in my RR at night). The trail ends on the Angeles Crest hiway, a few miles from the Mt Wilson Observatory.
Bring food and water, as there is nothing on the trail. I recommend bringing a CB radio ( something everyone should have anyway for emergencies) cel phones do not work on most of the trail, or even on parts of the roads in the canyon either.

The plan is to leave the Forestry Info center ( at the mouth of the canyon on Azusa Ave. , Hwy# 39) at 9:00.

Dave Dunn
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
rl dietz

rincon trail ride

Post by rl dietz »

dave and jim i'm in !but have to get my pass on sunday...need my dose of dirt!!!! randy dietz ....san clemente...
74 710 m in southern calif
73 710 m in costa rica
79 u1300l unimog,in costa rica
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

For anyone that doesn't know the way.... From the 210 freeway, take the Azusa Ave. offramp and the USFS info center is just over 2.6 miles north of the freeway on Azusa Ave.(Hiway 39) ( towards the mountains , DOH).
Jim will head out at 9:00 for the OHV area ( 9.5 miles from the Info center) so permits can be gotten, and I'll leave the info center about 9:15 with any stragglers..... the trail is less than a half mile north of the OHV and is gated ( hence the permit).

As far as the permits, if you don't expect to go back on the trail,several vehicles can be on a single permit....

Dave Dunn
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)