Hey! Texas Pinzers

Postings/pictures/video about off-road fun in Real 4x4's. (European-centric 4x4's)
andy

Hey! Texas Pinzers

Post by andy »

Any of ya'll see the announcement by Darrin of the Rocky Mountain Pinzgauers yesterday that their Treffen will by Jully 14th through 18th up in Narthrop, Colorado?

Is there anyone else besides me who is considering going? A lttile convoy action going and 3 days of trail riding in what promises to be some beautiful scenery and problem much nicer temperatures than we can expect here during the same time frame.

If you are interested, post here or pm me, and we'll see if we can come up with a plan.

Cheers,

Andy
A bar F
The buck STARTS here
www.deerleaseservices.com
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Post by 4x4Pinz »

Andy
Would be good to see you there. I am planning on going and hopefully bringing a few of the AZ guys with me. Weather should be great, always seems to rain a little while we are there which is a real nice change from the summer heat here.
andy

Post by andy »

You are part of the reason I want to go. At least there won't be any weddings this year to thwart my Treffen trip. Hoping Momma can get time off from work. I am thinking of maybe just wife and I.

Just need wife to confirm or deny she can get time off and then try to get my application and money off.

Tempted to drive the 712, but will probably end up being a wuss and trailering it.

Andy
A bar F
The buck STARTS here
LibTimothy
United States of America

Can't go

Post by LibTimothy »

Andy,

Sadly, I am teaching this summer and can not get off during this time. Otherwise, I'd be very interested.

Maybe next year.

Timothy
When the only tool in your toolbox is a hammer, every problem starts to look like a nail.
krick3tt

Hey..Texas Pinzers

Post by krick3tt »

For those of you that don't go to the RMP site, here is an bit of the post...

Here are the highlights:

Where: Chalk Creek Campground, Nathrop CO (Near Buena Vista)

Directions: http://www.chalkcreek-campground.com/findus.htm

When: July 14th - 18th (Wed - Sun)

Itinerary:

Wed: check in - setup tents, no dinner plans

Thurs: trailrides - pot luck dinner, campfire - we will have a signup for potluck so we don't get 15 bags of chips

Fri: trailrides, alternate princeton hot springs, dutch treat meet-and-greet dinner in town

Sat: trailrides, alternate river rafting, BYOM picnic dinner, campfire, slideshow?

Sun: teardown and check out

Member price is $55 per person, $75 for non-members. This covers us for 3 days of trail rides, 4 nights camping, plus expenses (beer). Dufflebags won out slightly over boonie hats for the event, if I can get them for a reasonable price. T-shirts came in last. We'll get a trail list together before the event, send me a note if you have a favorite. Anyone want to try Iron Chest this year?

PS: Last minute non-treffen items: Check the website for upcoming events! We have 2 parades coming up. Evergreen Rodeo and Heritage Village 4th of July. Please RSVP to Per and/or myself if you are going to attend. The Littleton Concourse car show was rained out last weekend. When they get it rescheduled, I'll get it posted. I've received an invitation to attend a Shriners car show and poker run in Albuquerque NM on August 14th. Anyone want to go on a roadtrip? Lastly, I've got information on a 712M for sale in Steamboat if anyone is interested in buying a long truck.

Although not from Texas, but as I am so close (in Denver) I am going to make the attempt to get there. I am taking a week trip with a group that I was attached to in WA. They are going to meet in Lake City, CO and head west through Dove Creek by way of forest and county roads. Trip begins on July 7 and by the time I get to the Utah border I will probably want to be heading back to Buena Vista.

Be great to meet some of y'all.

Morris
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
andy

Post by andy »

Thanks Morris, that's good information.

I hope nothing comes up so that we can go.

Texas guys, check the weather for Nathrop or Buena Vista, night time lows in the 40's to low 50s, that's like winter weather. It'd be a welcome break from HOT.

Andy
A bar F
The buck STARTS here