Clutch assembly placement

Mechanical issues? Check here.

Moderator: TechMOGogy

63rover
Canada

Clutch assembly placement

Post by 63rover »

I am working on placing clutch assemble in the engine to transmission adapter I am building.

Does anyone know how far the clutch assembly protrudes forward of the engine to transmission mount? It appears that the original engine side has a lip which fits into the transmission. The measurement I need it from the plane of that lip to the contact plate (for the throw-out bearing to press on) on the pressure plate. If the flywheel protrudes from the engine housing that measurement would work too.

Thanks.

Photos and specs for powering with a Subaru Robin EH engine (653 cc 90 degree air cooled V-twin) will follow as it comes along. I decided on a new engine after failing to find an original. It will be close to the power of an early Hafi. It looks like no modifications will be needed to any original parts.

Cheers, Clive
TechMOGogy
Canada

Re: Clutch assembly placement

Post by TechMOGogy »

Sounds cool!
I kinda get what your asking but send me a pick (from parts book) and I can get a measurement
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
Jim LaGuardia
United States of America

Re: Clutch assembly placement

Post by Jim LaGuardia »

Just look at the wear area on the input splines and you will be fine. If I remember correctly, only the units with 180mm clutch use the spacer between engine and trans.
Cheers, Jim LaGuardia
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Goatwerks/
"Arch Magus of Machines."