Two questions

Mods, resto projects, library resources and anything else diesel related.
Ugo

Two questions

Post by Ugo »

Hi gang,

1) Are the TD wheels lug-centric (like the ones of the 710/712), or hub-centric?

2) Can the 710/712 axle boots be used on the TD too?

Thanks!
Ugo
1977 710K
Torino, Italy
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Hi Ugo

From the questions you're asking, you got that K, congrats!. You need to give your impression of it in relation to your 710.

As for the wheels , I don't know, but I am running Michelin 8.25 XZLs without being balanced and have no vibrations, rarely am I under 65mph on the freeway

The axle boots are one of the few things you can interchange from the gassers.

Dave Dunn

BTW does the truck have a 12 volt system too?
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
Ugo

Post by Ugo »

Hello Dave,

Yes and no - Yes I've got it, but no it's not here, it's on a truck on the way from Sweden to Italy.
I will be back with my first impression as soon as I can have a test ride.

The vehicle does have a 12 volt system like yours.

Ugo
1977 710K
Torino, Italy
The true Pinzgauer´s

Post by The true Pinzgauer´s »

Hey ugo
first question :
the TD rim´s are hub centric, Petrol are wheelnut centric.
the hole dimensions is 5x 130mm , Please don´t think that g-Wagen rim´s fitted on a TD. They have smaller wheelnuts, thinner Steel and other rim-center dimension ( -54 mm ). The 17.5 Rim´s , which are fitted on swedish Pinz, are good street-tire´s and the tires allover europe are the most mounted ligth truck( up to 7.5 tonnes) dimension( but no MT tire is available)

second :
the rear axle boots are the same like petrol Pinz in last edition( long screws). The front axle balls have different born holes(angels) but the look like petrol. TD axleball´s are signed at the bottom ,on the support of shockabsorbers with M like modified. The aluminium wheeldrive front ist from petrol Pinz- wheel drives outside are complett different ( also the gear-radiation of wheeldrive). By the way the differential tube out of the case are 40mm on each side longer .
Please tell me your Fin number , i know two Owners of swedish Pinz maybe one of this cars is a FIN brother to your´s.
Ugo

Post by Ugo »

The true Pinzgauer´s wrote: Please tell me your Fin number , i know two Owners of swedish Pinz maybe one of this cars is a FIN brother to your´s.
Hello, thank you for the answers.
I am sending you my car VIN in a private message (I already sent you a private message days ago, but I guess you didn't notice it).

Regards,
Ugo