Spare parts - need suggestions

Mods, resto projects, library resources and anything else diesel related.
Ugo

Spare parts - need suggestions

Post by Ugo »

Hi all

1) There is a leak in the LHS hub of my "new" 716. Are the seals the
same as on the 710? If not, does anybody have references? Is it advisable to replace other parts (bearings, ...) at the same time?

2) The rear RHS brake disk and caliper are worn.
I know that calipers are very expensive if bought at Magna Steyr, but I heard that the Audi 100 calipers would fit. Can you confirm? Other equivalents?

3) The door lock barrels (is this the right term?) need replacement. Are you avare of possible "normal" car door lock barrels that can be used as
replacements?

4) My Pinz comes from Sweden and has the DRL (daytime running lights).
Headlamps cannot be switched off when engine is on.
What is the procedure for disabling the DRL ?
aparg

Post by aparg »

My Brake solution was using IVECO daily discs and mill them down.
Ugo

Post by Ugo »

aparg wrote:My Brake solution was using IVECO daily discs and mill them down.
Good advice !!! The Iveco Daily is very popular in Europe, especially in my town (Torino, Italy) !
Any hints for the pads?

Thanks,
Ugo
The true Pinzgauer´s

Post by The true Pinzgauer´s »

Hello Ugo
1. the sealing rings have other diameters. TD have dimension 70 / 90 /10 BA ,they are seperat protected with V-Seal Rings. For take apart of wheel drive gear , you need special tool ( instead of this you will damage the supports for breaking fixing)

2.break disc are special pruduct for Pinzgauer ,there are no other discs which fitted without changes. The new price for one is now 248€ ( two different types are available) . If you want remanufactured disc´s tell me.

3. Door handels and door look´s are out of Mercedes truck´s ,light bus and G-Wagen , there are no problems. Some times the front screw is damaged by corosion.

4. The Day light can deaktivated by pulling 3 Relais Off. one is for alternater protection. one for standlight ( position-light)( number 58) , one for driving ligth( number 56a)
Remove side panel over fuses, knee protection . now you can see the main electric panel , it is fixed with 3 Screws( two on the top ,one with fuses holder) ,remove this also the support for Breaking fluid. Pull the Main elec.panel off. On the front pull the first relais from left off ( silver BOSCH) turn the panel safty . at the back side are 4 Relaise ( also silver BOSCH) pull the two middle relaise off. now the day ligth system is deaktivated
Ugo

Post by Ugo »

Hello The true Pinzgauer´s,

Thank you for the useful hints.
Your answers make me put more questions ...

1) I want my hub seal repalced by a professional shop. You mentioned a special tool to take apart the wheel drive gear: is it a very specific tool to be ordered at Steyr-Puch, or is (in your opinion) a not so specific tool, usually owned by a pro shop?

2) Do you happen to have a swedish pinz schematic? I deactivated the DRL by simply interrupting the blue wire that connects the alternator/charge lamp to the relay (without pulling any of the relays).
It seems to work.
In fact, the relay is excited by the same signal, produced by the alternator, which drives the charge lamp.

Regards,
Ugo
Jim LaGuardia
United States of America

Post by Jim LaGuardia »

I can add a TD page to my website if you want to submit the images and info 8)
Cheers, Jim LaGuardia
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Goatwerks/
"Arch Magus of Machines."
The true Pinzgauer´s

Post by The true Pinzgauer´s »

Hello UGO
your first question :
the special tool is to pull out the gear Wheel out of the outside wheelcase. It has long small harded arm to pull the glued wheel of the wheeldriveshaft . you also can try it with a simple puller but the only place to fix it are the supports of the breaking saddle, and here is the problem : you will damage this supports in radial way. result will be a not parallel saddle to break disc or a brocken support.

second question:
Ihave no special wiring diagramm for swedish Pinz, i searched wire by wire. There is also a wire paint code from SDP which facilitate you to draw conclusions of same parts ,example: breaking is black/ red , indikator front left is black / white and so on.
Also i have first 12 voltage and same 24 Voltage wiring diagramms which shows the main wiring - the dayligth sytem is only added.
aparg

Brake discs

Post by aparg »

[quote="aparg"]My Brake solution was using IVECO daily discs and mill them down.[/quote]

Sorry folks, tis will not work!!!!!! Mixed something up. Fiat Ducato could work after excessive rework. And apparently you are not supposed to do that especially if you don't know what you are doing. I'm still trying and will post once sucessfull. Therefore no new posting No success, no need to ask.

Sorry
aparg