Gary Martin's 718K pics

Mods, resto projects, library resources and anything else diesel related.
Garymartin

Post by Garymartin »

Hi Guys,
Thank you all for your compliments on my truck,I felt the same when I first veiwed it,probably not as much drooling as peter,no key board damage here.
The lid stays on.
The emblem was put on by the previous owner,some connection to the southern cross constellation,I think.as for the current tyres,they are the smallest you can fit on the rims,due to previous owners parking in under ground garage. for all you left hookers,its easy to drive a right hooker.Just remember to drive on the correct side of the road.
Regards

GM.
Garymartin

Post by Garymartin »

Hi Guys,
Thank you all for your compliments on my truck,I felt the same when I first veiwed it,probably not as much drooling as peter,no key board damage here.
The lid stays on.
The emblem was put on by the previous owner,some connection to the southern cross constellation,I think.as for the current tyres,they are the smallest you can fit on the rims,due to previous owners parking in under ground garage. for all you left hookers,its easy to drive a right hooker.Just remember to drive on the correct side of the road.
Regards

GM.
psychoman

Post by psychoman »

Andy wrote:That is beautiful. If I could have one of those I could probably learn how to drive on the "wrong" side :D .

Andy
Got the opposite issue here 'course - drivng LHD in the UK. Only time its a problem is on motorways, really - as you have a great big blind spot next to you when you go to overtake... :oops:

But back to the subject - yep, neat truck.
It aint what you drive, its the way that you drive it...
Garymartin

Post by Garymartin »

Also driving in france on your own, on toll roads,had a 1000 mile drive to get back home,each toll had to get out what a pain.wife comes along next time.
Profpinz
Australia

Post by Profpinz »

I think right hand drive is just perfect!! :D :D :D
Peter

1974, 712 6X6 Pinzgauer
1983, 710-1.6 4X4 Pinzgauer
1997, 718 6X6 Pinzgauer (in pieces)
1971, 700 Haflinger
1974, 703 LWB Haflinger
2001, Range Rover

http://www.ozpinz.com
andy

Post by andy »

Peter...Duh! :lol: On my next wager I'd have bet it all on you liking RH drive. I'm glad to know that would be a safe bet.

How's your weather Down Under? Did you get any relief from the drought yet? We are going into fall here. Today it is only supposed to get to about 74 F.

Cheers.

Andy
A bar F
The buck STARTS here
www.deerleaseservices.com