The TD at Calico

Mods, resto projects, library resources and anything else diesel related.
David Dunn
United States of America

The TD at Calico

Post by David Dunn »

In recent years, I've been using my Haffy and Supacat for the most part. This has brought comments from some of the newbies that The Pink Cow only existed "offroad" in "Photoshop" :evil: :lol:
To dispel those rumors, I took it back to Mogfest this year :wink:

The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
Ugo

Post by Ugo »

The Pink Cow is alive and kicking!
Well done Dave!

Cheers,
Ugo
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Hi Ugo,
Nice hearing from you. I always remember the superior gearing of the 716... but forget they also have the longest wheelbase of any Pinz, until I push a boulder out of the way on a turn, or drag the tank skid plate over something :roll: :lol:
It would be nice to get a picture gallery of all of the Swedish sisters in one spot. :D If I remember right, there are 35 to 39 of them. I'm not sure how many of them are on this group, but I know I haven't heard from a couple owners in several years.
I have also received some new manuals from another TD owner, that I have so sadly have negleted to thank :cry: . I have looked through one that is very useful, and I "think" another is a copy of one I already have, BUT I can scan and make a pdf of that one, instead of ruining mine :D .

Cheers
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
Ugo

Post by Ugo »

Hi Dave,

Concerning higher gearing of the TD: I've been lucky when I got my 716 as it has the auto tranny. A bit sluggish in acceleration and a bit thirsty of fuel, but GREAT in offroad and in-town driving. And my wife can drive too (she did'nt like driving the 710 at all).
I like your proposal about a gallery: where can we have one? I could upload some pics (I have a few, and might shoot more).
Please would you share your new manuals when you have time ... should you spend any money, we TD owners could help, hopefully.

Regards,
Ugo

PS: I'm working on a minimal camper conversion. More to come ...