Shropshire Gun Bus

Mods, resto projects, library resources and anything else diesel related.
HOOPS PINZ

Shropshire Gun Bus

Post by HOOPS PINZ »

I have to say that I bought my 716 from Gregor and Ian at Shrophire Gun Bus and they have been more than fair with me.

Couple of small issues after running the truck a few weeks and they have arranged to sort them out even to the extent of arranging to pick the Pinz up from me 250 miles away to rectify the faults. Fantastic service.

If they carry on like this then they could have a customer for life

Steve
fesm_ndt

Post by fesm_ndt »

yep I was saying he is not too bad.
Regards

Mike
(Project Gimpy 2)
HOOPS PINZ

Post by HOOPS PINZ »

Hi Mike

Got my truck back at last bit of a mix up with transport and dates but its back.

Im now on with finishing it. The G Wagon seats that I bought dont fit. So all those guys telling us that they are the same are wrong.
The seats are about an inch wider than the Pinz seats and the runners on the Pinz are 240mm centres. The G Waon runners are smaller and are the centres are at 320mm. So I had to mess around with the base of the seat frames to get them to fit.

I looked at an upgrade on the turbo but that worked out to a 30bhp increase but you lose power lower in the range but have an increase on top end, so thats out of the window. Looked at the intercooler but the factory one only gives a small increase for all that work, Nigel over here has someone do a 30bhp upgrade
that s worth looking at.

If you want a job done well do it yourself

Steve
fesm_ndt

Post by fesm_ndt »

HOOPS PINZ wrote:Hi Mike

Got my truck back at last bit of a mix up with transport and dates but its back.

Im now on with finishing it. The G Wagon seats that I bought dont fit. So all those guys telling us that they are the same are wrong.

If you want a job done well do it yourself

Steve
yep get a lot of misinformation on the TD's and its best to only listen to a handful of people. I have been documenting as much as I can because of this and listing all the parts sources as I go along.

Anyway good to see it back and I guess we'll see you on youtube in a few days. I am incorporating the P93 bits which may take me several months, mainly due to cash as in the middle of changing jobs.
Regards

Mike
(Project Gimpy 2)
HOOPS PINZ

Post by HOOPS PINZ »

Hi Mike

Hope your keeping well and your Pinz is fine

The work that has gone into my Pinz it feels like its a new one now.

Managed to get a new Pinz MPH speedo which fitted straight in also got my smaller fuel tank fitted had to modify the sender unit a bit had to fit a new clutch master cylinder and a new brake master as well.

Axles seem fine and less noise now from the rear with the new transfer box bearings fitted. I will get round to fitting the intercooler sometime poss next year. Since Ian did the timing its a different truck. I fitted the P93 nose cone and she goes into Nigels next week for one of his hard tops to be fitted. Also just put some Goodrich KM2s on giving it another weekend over Salisbury plain this Sat Sun which Im looking forward to.

Gregor wants to come out with us when I do another Wales trip.

If you let me know next time you come over to the uk I will arrange to take you out on some of our lanes

Steve
fesm_ndt

Post by fesm_ndt »

G'Day

I see Nigel's is nearly driving around also so should be a few driving around the UK for Christmas. Still plugging away here, I think last major jobs are:

- diff seals
- timing belts
- finish the aircon
- paint

million of other bits but can be done once the car is rolling and most of it is accessories I have collected

This was last weekend :roll:

Regards

Mike
(Project Gimpy 2)
HOOPS PINZ

Post by HOOPS PINZ »

Hi Mike

Been a bit busy but did another deal with Gregor on one of his 718 for a mate of mine. Overall Gregors been good he looked after my truck and is keen to help you out if you need it.

Ive sent another mate to him on one of his 710s for sale.

Ive changed my exhaust system it now exits out the drivers side as per the right hand drive MOD Pinzs. My mate Andy Bird turned his 718 over the other week on Salisbury Plain caused quite a stir.

Im hopefully going over the Peak Districk next weekend for some more green laning.

Must say I love the 716

Steve
fesm_ndt

Post by fesm_ndt »

I got a stainless one made for my pinz.

I also have the 6x6 exhaust which I guess is same yours but I better not change now. Way behind schedule but both diffs done to the idotic standard, front one in and rear next weekend (as going to the US in a few hours)

Yes the Pinz seem to sell in the UK if you find the right buyers. Hopefully a few more will come up shortly, I still go up when a new batch comes in, inspect and photograph them (gives me an excuse to go to the yards). I just hope I don't find a different variant I like :roll: i.e. we heard rumours of a K model floating around!

Regards

Mike
(Project Gimpy 2)
fesm_ndt

Post by fesm_ndt »

Talking about the intercooler bit.

Trimming the rad panel is easy :D I got photos of that plus lower radiator mounts are shorter again easy to do (if you have a good drill bit)

Doing the floor is a pain

and having a P93 front frame helps
Regards

Mike
(Project Gimpy 2)
fesm_ndt

Post by fesm_ndt »

But I have been a bit excessive as started with these

To build this :roll:
Regards

Mike
(Project Gimpy 2)