Pinz parts suppliers in the UK - looking for 712 windscreen

All things not relating to the other forums.
ako

Pinz parts suppliers in the UK - looking for 712 windscreen

Post by ako »

Wonder if any of the chaps here could point me in the direction of a UK based supplier for the windscreen glass for a 712 (split windows)?

Got a business trip to London coming up and I don't need to carry any luggage except for Pinzgauer parts.

I have already contracted Shropshire - waiting for a response.

I don't think Atkinson Vos do anything Pinz anymore, just Mogs.

All my other Parts have some from USA and Austria, never bought from UK.

Thanks... :oops:
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Re: Pinz parts suppliers in the UK - looking for 712 windscr

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

Any decent auto glass shop will cut what you need. The only time you generally need to order windscreens is when they are curved.
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!

David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Actually, you'd probably be better off having them made locally. The majority of Pinzes had a single windshield and the split W/S are less than half because of the bar between them. I have the size for the one piece, but have never had a split W/S to make a pattern
Not knowing the market place where you are, I would assume glass shops do use laminated glass, which they can cut in house. Also do the laws where you're at mandate the type of glass? Laminated or tempered (tuffen) ? Laminated is the better (safe) choice. Either way, you may need to supply a paper template of what you need.
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
ako

Post by ako »

VinceAtReal4x4s wrote:Any decent auto glass shop will cut what you need. The only time you generally need to order windscreens is when they are curved.
^ This is the problem. Finding a decent auto glass shop.

Most of the 'technicians' here just go off a boat from the subcontinent. No proper apprenticeship trained tradesmen to be found, in any field.
ako

Post by ako »

David Dunn wrote:Actually, you'd probably be better off having them made locally. The majority of Pinzes had a single windshield and the split W/S are less than half because of the bar between them. I have the size for the one piece, but have never had a split W/S to make a pattern
Not knowing the market place where you are, I would assume glass shops do use laminated glass, which they can cut in house. Also do the laws where you're at mandate the type of glass? Laminated or tempered (tuffen) ? Laminated is the better (safe) choice. Either way, you may need to supply a paper template of what you need.
Thanks David.

I will probably end up trying to make a template from the broken pieces which are held together by the laminate. Then cross checking with some frame dimensions.

And yes, fortunately here we need to use Laminated glass by law.

All of the glass shops I have tried so far won't cut to measure. They just buy a complete screen from Asia and stick it in with lots of sealant.

Someone suggested trying to find a company that provides flat custom glass to the truck/tractor/grader type industry.