In search for a big rig!!

All things not relating to the other forums.
Jgladman

In search for a big rig!!

Post by Jgladman »

Hey guys,

I am from Australia, pretty interested in getting my hands on a volvo 303, or a land rover 101, or a unimog and convert to a camper. Seems they are very rare in australia so I would have to ship one over :( any one have any ideas of the best place (website, dealer) or anything really to help find some.

cheers guys
DougLennox
Australia

Re: In search for a big rig!!

Post by DougLennox »

Hi Jgladman,

Try this site, they are the official auction site for ex military sales in Australia. https://www.australianfrontlinemachinery.com.au You should be able to find a unimog or 6x6 land rover here.

Doug
one2many
Australia

Post by one2many »

Where in oz are you? Perhaps you can put your location in your profile.

For Volvo's I can vouch for Joacim from Coat Ex AB in Sweden, I shipped two ex ambulances (6x6's) about two years back. Sold the extra one only a few months ago, I can highly recommend him as both vehicles were in outstanding condition and exactly as described. Be careful of some of the northern euro dealers aren't as trustworthy. For 101FC's I've heard there is a guy in Mt Evelyn in Victoria's Yarra Ranges that brings some in....I'll see if I can dig his name and number up. For Unimogs you could go with Scott from Expedition Imports (EI), the forum sponsor, as well as numerous other ex military vehicle dealers worldwide but if I were after a Mog in Oz then I would be checking out Australian Frontline Machinery, they have the contract for disposing the Oz military U1750 Mogs as well as heaps of other Oz military vehicles/gear. The auctions are held on grays online every eight weeks or so and there's always a few mogs up for grabs, I doubt there is going to be many more auctions held as they have been happening for the past two or three years and I guess there would not be that many left....they are also showing up on Gumtree regularly but at higher than auction prices.

You didn't mention Pinzgauers but there is quite a few nice examples of these around ATM because Austria is currently auctioning their fleet through Doretheum auction rooms...you can view and bid online but I believe the aforementioned forum sponsor EI have purchased a number of them and might still have some available, if purchased this way you know what your getting unlike auction. Scott from EI has an excellent reputation in the Pinzgauer and Unimog world.

Hope this helps, good luck in your search for a "real 4x4" or 6x6
1985 pinzgauer 712K factory 2.7lt civilian (RHD, 4 door K)
1979 Volvo tgb 1314a (under construction to om606 diesel/722.6 trans. Dual cab/tray)
Jgladman

Post by Jgladman »

one2many wrote:Where in oz are you? Perhaps you can put your location in your profile.

For Volvo's I can vouch for Joacim from Coat Ex AB in Sweden, I shipped two ex ambulances (6x6's) about two years back. Sold the extra one only a few months ago, I can highly recommend him as both vehicles were in outstanding condition and exactly as described. Be careful of some of the northern euro dealers aren't as trustworthy. For 101FC's I've heard there is a guy in Mt Evelyn in Victoria's Yarra Ranges that brings some in....I'll see if I can dig his name and number up. For Unimogs you could go with Scott from Expedition Imports (EI), the forum sponsor, as well as numerous other ex military vehicle dealers worldwide but if I were after a Mog in Oz then I would be checking out Australian Frontline Machinery, they have the contract for disposing the Oz military U1750 Mogs as well as heaps of other Oz military vehicles/gear. The auctions are held on grays online every eight weeks or so and there's always a few mogs up for grabs, I doubt there is going to be many more auctions held as they have been happening for the past two or three years and I guess there would not be that many left....they are also showing up on Gumtree regularly but at higher than auction prices.

You didn't mention Pinzgauers but there is quite a few nice examples of these around ATM because Austria is currently auctioning their fleet through Doretheum auction rooms...you can view and bid online but I believe the aforementioned forum sponsor EI have purchased a number of them and might still have some available, if purchased this way you know what your getting unlike auction. Scott from EI has an excellent reputation in the Pinzgauer and Unimog world.

Hope this helps, good luck in your search for a "real 4x4" or 6x6
thanks for all that info guys!!! i am from vic mate. I'm gonna do some research on those sites and places ya gave me