Static display rental....what would you charge??

All things not relating to the other forums.
stiffler4444
Canada

Static display rental....what would you charge??

Post by stiffler4444 »

Hi all,

I have been asked by a local business to use my Pinz 710m as a static display for the Father's Day weekend (3 days) locally. I would need to deliver and pick up, but again, it's local. What would that be worth, or has anyone done this. There is no "charitable" cause, so compensation would be expected. Just curious on everyone's thoughts. I have no plans to use the Pinz for that weekend, so no issues there.

thanks Dave
1972 710m
NEWFISHER

Re: Static display rental....what would you charge??

Post by NEWFISHER »

Ask them to research what the going rate for TV/Movie production vehicles are in the area and work from there. Make sure there is a contract binding them to any damages and "no alterations". Most will have their OWN CONTRACT which will state that they can make changes ie color etc and any damages will be repaired at the shop of their choice type of stuff...just make sure you are protected.
stiffler4444
Canada

Post by stiffler4444 »

Gotcha, good points.
1972 710m
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

I think it depends on the type of business. If it's a small, local shop, they may be hoping for $200 total or something along those lines but if it's big and backed up by a good marketing budget, maybe $500 is more appropriate.
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!

krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

Make sure it is locked and no little hands get to roaming around in it.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
stiffler4444
Canada

Post by stiffler4444 »

I've decided it's just not worth the headache. As well, the event is a 'rib-fest'. I'd probably spend the next week cleaning off Billy Bob's special sauce from every nook and cranny! :x
1972 710m
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

'Sauce' does not bode well for flat paint.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

stiffler4444 wrote:I've decided it's just not worth the headache. As well, the event is a 'rib-fest'. I'd probably spend the next week cleaning off Billy Bob's special sauce from every nook and cranny! :x
Probably a wise choice. Unlike a company that see it as a business only, to many of us, these vehicles are part of us. The public only see them as "old army trucks", and no big deal if they damage something.... see how they react when you leave BBQ sauce all over the upholstery in their BMW... :mrgreen:
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

krick3tt wrote:'Sauce' does not bode well for flat paint.
actually Morris, nothing does well.
All those "tricks" to make your paint finish look good, create a lot of extra work cleaning the oils out of the pores to repaint a vehicle.
I might need to send GG to a dermatologist before she's resprayed... to give that "Cindy Crawford" look. :mrgreen:
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

When I loaned mine to Dos XX years ago and they wrapped it for their promotion it took several tries to get the goop off. Even then I had to repaint it and I was not really pleased with the transaction. In the spirit of good will I cooperated but if I still had a pinz I would not do it again based on the knowledge I now have.
As you say, to others it is just an 'old Army truck' and not really a piece of anything really worth being careful with.
stiffler4444
Canada

Post by stiffler4444 »

Yes, this was really my deciding factor as well. I know that the truck may look rough around the edges, but I don't want anyone assuming that means it's a piece of crap that you can plop your ice cream drooling little monster into, all the while giggling and taking photos of it shoving glop into my breakers !! :evil:
1972 710m