Fed up with Photobucket

All things not relating to the other forums.
pinzinator

Fed up with Photobucket

Post by pinzinator »

Some of you may have noticed that Photobucket will no longer host photos like they used to. In my opinion, they were a shitty hosting site to begin with, to say the least. Is there a hosting site that anyone here can recommend?
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Re: Fed up with Photobucket

Post by 4x4Pinz »

sadly that is one of the many reasons we have switched to facebook. I know a lot of people hate it but it is simple to use. Not really a hosting site but it is getting the job done until something better comes along.
Garrycol
Australia

Post by Garrycol »

Flickr works ok.
1973 Haflinger AP700
1977 Landrover FC 101
2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6
1971 Jaguar Series 3 E-Type Conv
1957 Landrover 88" Station Wagon
1957 Landrover 88"
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

A lot of people in the production world use google photo hosting now.
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!

pinzinator

Post by pinzinator »

I may go with Google. All I know is Photobucket sucks and now wants to extort $400/yr for their awful service due to 3rd party hosting. Hosting is hosting, how do they even keep track of the party involved??
pinzinator

Post by pinzinator »

I have tried Google hosting, and a link is installed to see the photo. Is there a setting that allows the photo to appear without clicking on a link? As much as I don't like PhotoBucket, it was nice to be able to see the photo right away.
kdiqq
United States of America

Post by kdiqq »

I've used Imgur a lot. One-click upload. No need to sign up. Tinypic works pretty good as well

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
1977 Austrian 710M
BobbyD
United States of America

Post by BobbyD »

The scoop... short and sweet (actually pretty sour)... https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/06/3 ... party_pgs/

Suggested alternatives...
https://lifehacker.com/5808625/five-bes ... o-sharing/
1971 710K S
N2PNZ
hackcampbell

Post by hackcampbell »

I second imgur as a good image hosting solution. It's quick and free.

Tangentially related, creating an account and reading this forum has been a blast from the past. It made me realize how long it had been since I sat down for real to read through and search old-school forums. Most problems/issues I search for now either comes up in Stack Overflow, blog posts, or discussions on reddit.

It made me think that creating and using a Pinzgauer (or real4x4, or portal_hub, or something similar) subreddit might be a good alternative in the future if this forum no longer meets our needs. There is a 4x4 subreddit already, but it's pretty general, and would get too busy. I really like the culture this forum and its participants have, so I'd never suggest diluting it.

Also, because this is my first post, I reckon I better introduce myself; my name is Joe. I bought a '74 710M about a month ago in Northern Alabama. My wife and I mostly use it to haul kayaks around and make trips to the farmers market. We'll likely use it for some easy-going camping events in the future, and maybe for some occasional off-road exploration. I've had some down time at work recently, so I've been able to pour through the wealth of knowledge on here. Kind of sort of feel like I almost know some of the personalities.
1974 Pinzgauer 710M