Hi!....New Member

All things not relating to the other forums.
Derrickbwg
United States of America

Hi!....New Member

Post by Derrickbwg »

While I've been reading the forum for some time, I just got my first Pinz a couple of months ago. Its a 1975 710K with 36K km on it. Its in great shape and everything works or worked with a little massaging/cleaning. I bought it without driving one and I couldn't be happier.
The steering is straight and tight, suspension is actually impressive on road and the brakes are really good for the year and type vehicle it is. On the trail its a blast and it offroads so well...I just have to get used to some wheel being 2ft or more in the air lol.

Besides changing bulbs and cleaning contacts some of the things I've accomplished so far are:

Installed flex exhaust
replaced exhaust studs and nuts
new stock wheels in black
toyo M/T's
Electric washer pump
new headlights

The truck always had an exhaust leak but the flex pipes solved most of that. It started fine but idled poorly and would stall coming off idle consistently. I ordered the civ ignition kit but I came across posts on the 4500rpm limiter. My dash light never flashed after turning key on so I changed bulb and still no go. Removed the box and did the jumper mod and that did the trick. It runs great now and I don't embarrass myself at intersections anymore (unless no 2nd start then I always miss it lol).

I'm in Chattanooga TN, so if any Pinz owners are in the area let me know!
Attachments
pinz3 resized.jpg
pinz3 resized.jpg (200.96 KiB) Viewed 4275 times
1975 710K
1974 710M
2018 G63
Brickren
United States of America

Re: Hi!....New Member

Post by Brickren »

Hey that's a pretty nice truck. You sound like you're off to a good start. I wish you were closer to Erie PA. Now all you have to do is get ahold of Vince and get a couple of shirts. Does it have the auxiliary heater?
1975 710M
2000 Ural Tourist
Derrickbwg
United States of America

Post by Derrickbwg »

It does but the plug is bad (I hope), fan works and it tries to cycle but no spark. Where to find a plug??
Attachments
Pinz5 resized.jpg
Pinz5 resized.jpg (53.97 KiB) Viewed 4268 times
1975 710K
1974 710M
2018 G63
whitesik
United States of America

Post by whitesik »

Welcome to the clan! That looks like a great truck. I have the same model so good to see a fellow "k" owner.
75 Swiss 710K
Not so new owner but still a novice
W9YG
Brickren
United States of America

Post by Brickren »

. I can't help you there. I have an M. Having that heater makes me jealous. But it's also the most complicated item on this truck. It's funny cuz it is so basic but then you look at the plumbing and wiring for the heater and it's like oh, wow.
1975 710M
2000 Ural Tourist
OhioPinz

Post by OhioPinz »

Nice looking truck. Welcome
GadgetPhreak
United States of America

Post by GadgetPhreak »

Welcome to the addiction. It’s hard to drive something else once you’ve driven a Pinz [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Ben

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
King County Search & Rescue | Regional Special Vehicles Unit
1972 710M - Building up for SAR use
Follow my build, learn more, or contact me: http://www.sarpinz.com
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

GadgetPhreak wrote:Welcome to the addiction. It’s hard to drive something else once you’ve driven a Pinz [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Ben

I dare you to drive a Hafi ;)
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

TechMOGogy wrote:
GadgetPhreak wrote:Welcome to the addiction. It’s hard to drive something else once you’ve driven a Pinz [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Ben

I dare you to drive a Hafi ;)
You wanna see a grinning face? Then I double-dare you to ride in a Pantera. Equally impractical for some things, but lots faster. (hint: Imagine outpacing the top speed in a 712 - in 1st gear. Sorry, the driver's seat is full.) :twisted:

Hey Derrick, welcome to the group. You've probably surmised by now that our opinions here are worth what you pay for them! Have fun.
It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport. Fridjof Nansen
I hope to die in my ski boots... ...just not today. Me
SteenJosh

Post by SteenJosh »

That looks amazing! Welcome to the forum!
Offroad Rider and Photographer at Petstreetmall.