Import into Canada from US?

All things not relating to the other forums.
audiocontr
United States of America

Import into Canada from US?

Post by audiocontr »

Any challenges i should be aware of?

We're moving to the Toronto area from Detroit. I'll lug a 712m and 2 Haffies with me. Anything I should be aware of for importation? Will they check for highway safety items? Working wipers, lights, seat belts, Km/hr speedo... back up light??
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)
TechMOGogy
Canada

Re: Import into Canada from US?

Post by TechMOGogy »

Nothing
As long as you have the right paperwork and they are 15 years and older your good to go!
Paperwork is key
I brought in my Pinz, 2 Hafi’s and G Wagen with zero issues, no checks, inspections or duty. Just some paperwork and tax
Once your here let me know as I am in West Toronto

Edit: if your going to license them here, then you will need an inspection and that will check condition or brakes, lights, wipers etc but only thing I needed to adjust was on the 1996 Puch G Wagen and it was adding daytime running lights but Pinz and Hafi are old enough that they won’t need anything unless repairs are required.
Dan
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
pinzi
Belgium

Post by pinzi »

TechMOGogy wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:30 pm Nothing
As long as you have the right paperwork and they are 15 years and older your good to go!
Paperwork is key
I brought in my Pinz, 2 Hafi’s and G Wagen with zero issues, no checks, inspections or duty. Just some paperwork and tax

Edit: if your going to license them here, then you will need an inspection and that will check condition or brakes, lights, wipers etc but only thing I needed to adjust was on the 1996 Puch G Wagen and it was adding daytime running lights but Pinz and Hafi are old enough that they won’t need anything unless repairs are required.
Dan
:((
off-road until i die
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

pinzi wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:33 am
TechMOGogy wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:30 pm Nothing
Paperwork is key

Dan
:((
??
Not sure what your asking
To get across boarder and import you need the basic paperwork
To license for road use (some of my friends don’t bother and just use on their farm and save all the taxes) then you need inpection at the time of licensing but that does not affect boarder or import process.
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

Much appreciated!
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)