Pinz CTIS

All things not relating to the other forums.
PinzEOD

Pinz CTIS

Post by PinzEOD »

OK Ok...It's not pretty, it's not fast, and you can't use it on the move. However, I can hook it up and sit in out off the rain and/or cold whilst airing up or airing down.

Actually, it's really not very practical. I was bored, I had the parts laying around. Tinkertoys for grown-ups you know?
I hook it up and preset the pressure regulator to the desired psi. Set it to 20 for off-road, or 60 for on, line pressure is limited to whatever I set it for. All six tires done at the same time.
Mike Newton 1973 712M (sold)
I do not like this word "bomb." It is not a bomb. It is a device that is exploding. Jacques le Blanc
M Wehrman
United States of America

Post by M Wehrman »

I've been thinking of something along that line myself. I made my roll cage an air tank,I was thinking 6 short hoses ,one for each wheel. just hook up to cage and monitor gage until pressure is down,filling would be the reverse. It really takes some time to do the down and up with 6 tires!
Mark
Stock means no imagination!

Volvo TGB1317, .95% Morphed!

68 Haffy
PinzEOD

Post by PinzEOD »

That would be cool! There are swivel-type air fittings you could use. It could be a semi-permanent type of mounting with the individual hoses just swung up and tucked out of the way whilst driving. The 'hose' I used is big-rig brake line, very easy to work with and easily handles the tire pressure.
I do not like this word "bomb." It is not a bomb. It is a device that is exploding. Jacques le Blanc
krick3tt

Airing down

Post by krick3tt »

Staun sells a six pack of deflators for trucks. Put them on and by the time you get to the last one the first one is aired down to the preset pressure. Then just take them off. Waaaaaay simpler.

Cheers,
Morris
MarkPinz
United States of America

Post by MarkPinz »

Yup ditto on the Staun deflators :wink:
Just get in and go....
PinzEOD

Post by PinzEOD »

Yeah, but where can I get a set of Staun INFLATORS? :lol: And besides, this was free. :wink:
krick3tt

airing down or up

Post by krick3tt »

You got me there, Mike.
Can't beat free.

I had a OBA system in a bag left over from a previous mog, I consider that free for me. The pinz is 'start again' so all the other stuff that is left over from my mog days is frosting on the cake.

Cheers,
Morris
PinzEOD

Post by PinzEOD »

Version II
Image Image
Image Image
Air them all down at once, air them all up at once.
milesdzyn

Post by milesdzyn »

Mike....could you shot a more detailed picture of the clamp mount that holds the tubing to the top of the side bed panel in the picture. (top left) Is it available locally?

Miles
PinzEOD

Post by PinzEOD »

Hi Miles,

They are Mcmaster Carr item number 3044T1, I-beam Clamp for Threaded Rod. $1.00 each plus shipping with next day delivery. I didn't check around town anywhere, Hughes Supply or Nedco would probably carry them or something similar. The clamping action is from below with a 1" long bolt, with a stubby bolt from above to hold the actual pipe retainer. I used a rubber coated metal wire routing clamp to actually hold the pipe against the clamp.
milesdzyn

Post by milesdzyn »

Mike....Great, I may have a use for them during the reconstruction phase of the Pinz. I have everything removed except for the Brake-Clutch assembly and the Dash, saving that for last.

Thanks, Miles