Haf, Pinz & Mog Clinic in Arcadia..... February 25th

All things not relating to the other forums.
mjnims

Post by mjnims »

Greg
Don't know about cheap and U1300 in the same sentence but Unimogswest has a few and they are located in Grass Valley Ca. The problem is finding one equipped like Dave's was. The 366 engine combined with fast axles made for a sweet ride (for a Mog).
Mike
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

mjnims wrote:Greg
The problem is finding one equipped like Dave's was.
Mmmmm...the demise of me or my Mog are greatly exaggerated... or wishful thinking of others. :lol:

A cheap 1300L would probably be in the area of 2 710Ms and going up to a pair of nicely dressed out 712Ms. You put the dollar value to them.... :wink:
If you are scared of the prices of Pinz's parts, prices of SBU parts ( the class of Mog the 1300 belong) would have you running for your life. For what some pay for a set of 4 tires for a 710, you would get a decent tire for a 1300.

I drove a 1300 with the original OM352 engine and standard axle and don't have the patience for either ( remember I own a Haffy I am content with). The later OM352A and OM366A engines( "A" is for turbo'ed) are a vast improvement, especially when the fast axles were installed.

The combination of the OM366A, fast axles and 14.5 tires can get me down the road as fast as my 712 ever did ( with the stock trans).

Dave Dunn

PS I want to thank all that showed up for the day, and hope all had a good time and maybe got something out of it.

btw. since I was "good" for the day, I can return to being a sarcastic sob for the rest of the year! :twisted:
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)