Locable Storage Ideas

All things not relating to the other forums.
mjnims

Post by mjnims »

Another place I have seen people use for storage is above the jerry can. All that is needed is a small piece of metal and a lock. You would be surprised how much room is actually there. He had 2" tow straps, Clevises and jumper cables. Nice idea for that type of stuff, assuming you don't lay the truck to the passenger side.
The interiors have been secured with a simple lock on the glove box similar to the one pictured in Miles post. If you don't want super quick access, under the floor panels is a great hiding place.
Mike
krick3tt

re

Post by krick3tt »

pinzwheeling Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:40 am Post subject: Re: seats

LOL, seats for $109, shipping for $159. Not such a great deal after shipping and tax.

Mike,
Yeah, but have you checked out seats from SAV or Cold War? I think we are talking about $900. So this looked good by comparison.
Still it is alot for me. I will get out and streach a few times a trip.

My next mod is windows at Dave's next week.

Cheers,
Morris
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Since I was quite content with the seats in my 710 and 712, and the Pink Cow has the same type seats as the early G wagons :D , I have never pursued the matter. But , rather than ordering and have seats shipped off the web, find a local "pocket rocket" accessory store. I have seen these same type seats advertised locally. Also, many of the ebay sellers will have a retail shop that you can pick the seats up.

Dave Dunn
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
wwcommando

Post by wwcommando »

That's a great Idea, with the use of a "D" punch a lock can be installed quickly. Great spot for tiedowns, extra spark plugs, a small first aid kit, extra ammo and with padding the odd bottle of fireside warmup...
Jeff