Experiment

All things not relating to the other forums.
PinzEOD

Experiment

Post by PinzEOD »

Ever since the first time I turned a wrench on my Pinz, I've wondered about using ONLY the supplied tools for maintenance. Today I did my 3000 mile routine (oil change, check everything & valve adjust). So I gave it a go trying to use only the supplied tool kit. The only thing I found lacking was a feeler gauge, other than that everything went well.
The valve cover nuts seemed a challenge at first, I'm fond of using a socket for this. A little fancy maneuvering with a pair of OE wrenches worked just fine. Everything else went very smooth.
Image Image
One of the gaskets gave up the ghost upon removal. I finally had a real reason to put on one of the new rubber gaskets I bought from Scott at EI. Beautiful fit, and still very pliable after sitting in my garage for half a year.
I always pull and check the spark plugs as part of this routine. 3000 miles ago I installed a set of the Autolite plugs. Hard to see perhaps, but they are burning uniform and clean. The gap was still dead on so I didn't change a thing.

I had a bit of squeel from the fan belt on occasion, so I did my first adjustment ever there. Very interesting the way that washer/spacer setup works. I've never messed with that sort of arrangement before.

Useful or not, just a tidbit of info for the curious or not-so-curious.
Mike Newton 1973 712M (sold)
I do not like this word "bomb." It is not a bomb. It is a device that is exploding. Jacques le Blanc
krick3tt

experiment

Post by krick3tt »

Mike,
What plugs (number) were (are) you using?

Cheers,
Morris
PinzEOD

Post by PinzEOD »

Currently, I'm using the Autolite 2304 plug. I bought them at NAPA.
Mike Newton 1973 712M (sold)
I do not like this word "bomb." It is not a bomb. It is a device that is exploding. Jacques le Blanc
steyr92
Austria

Re: Experiment

Post by steyr92 »

good i found this forum :D
long story short: because the bosch wc8dc plugs are extremley high in price in austria and europe i was looking a long time searching for an proper replacement and found the autolite 2304 . i studied the specs and had contact with several companys and they all also came to the conclusion that the autolite should fit. could you give me a short review how well the work with the standard military igniton system ? that would be awesome.
in austria even though the pinz is still in service, prices and availability for private use is pretty poop and nobody of the austrian forum looks intrested in an cheap, working replacement for those who wont concert to civil igniton system :cry:

a friend of mine is in the us right now an takes a few with me , i´m excited :D

greets
Simon
stark311
United States of America

Post by stark311 »

steyr92 wrote:good i found this forum :D
long story short: because the bosch wc8dc plugs are extremley high in price in austria and europe i was looking a long time searching for an proper replacement and found the autolite 2304 . i studied the specs and had contact with several companys and they all also came to the conclusion that the autolite should fit. could you give me a short review how well the work with the standard military igniton system ? that would be awesome.
in austria even though the pinz is still in service, prices and availability for private use is pretty poop and nobody of the austrian forum looks intrested in an cheap, working replacement for those who wont concert to civil igniton system :cry:

a friend of mine is in the us right now an takes a few with me , i´m excited :D

greets
Simon
Is that Bosch number the correct OE plug?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Barry
Springfield, MO

1975 710M
1974 Land Rover Series III (yeah, yeah, I know)
2008 BMW R1200GSA
Hotzenplotz
Austria

Post by Hotzenplotz »

oe plug is listed in my 1985 catalogue as wc145 ert 30 or wc8d

so i guess it's ok
Cheers
Albert
========================
My Pinz has NEVER been with any army