712M or 712 Ambulance

All things not relating to the other forums.
ms1223

712M or 712 Ambulance

Post by ms1223 »

I was looking at the Ambulances coming in for sale, and the thread about the Swiss changing over by 08. A question, why is the cost less for an Ambulance vs the AA 712M? I've never seen an 712Amb in person, so it may be obvious. Is it because they are heavy (underpowered) and not everybody wants a camper?
Swifty 72 710M
EuroTruck

Post by EuroTruck »

It's generally due to the fact that we, the dealers, pay less for the AMB's in Switzerland. The fact that the AMB's are harder to sell causes the price to be lower over here as well. The supply of AMB's is there but the demand is low.

-Sean Philyaw
EuroTruck Importers, LLC.
Odd-Ball Trucks and Parts
770-965-3311
www.eurotruck-importers.com
ms1223

Post by ms1223 »

Sean, are the 712Amb in low demand because of the size and weight?
Can the rear boxes be removed? The Ambulances seem in good condition and low miles. Although they don't look like they can fix in a standard size garage door.
Swifty 72 710M
EuroTruck

Post by EuroTruck »

ms1223 wrote:Sean, are the 712Amb in low demand because of the size and weight?
Can the rear boxes be removed? The Ambulances seem in good condition and low miles. Although they don't look like they can fix in a standard size garage door.

Yes, with a few exceptions as campers, no one wants a big square box on the back of their off-roader.

The boxes are removeable and weigh in at 1000 lbs. Removing the box is not very difficult and then you have a nice flatbed for hauling. I've seen some very nice stake-side conversions that were done on ambulances.

The ambulances are for the most part in great condition. Many of them, including one I'm selling, have 2nd generation bodies from the late 1980's / early 1990's.

hth,

-Sean P.
EuroTruck Importers, LLC.
Odd-Ball Trucks and Parts
770-965-3311
www.eurotruck-importers.com