Everything is "Designer"

All things not relating to the other forums.
lindenengineering

Everything is "Designer"

Post by lindenengineering »

Hey for those of you who like to poke fun at people, and for those of you not in the USA, here's a recant of a Public Radio clip I heard a while ago about a Romanian journalist's experiences in coming to America. It was called "Having fun in America".
It went something like this:-

You know everything is "designer" here in America, you cannot go and join a sport club or be a member of a golf club unless you wear and use the designer apparall. You just won't be accepted. Not like us Europeans when having fun is done on the cheap, American like to show off their latest huge designer purchases in places like Dallas and California.

The lastest craze is to buy an ex military Hummer or Pinzgauer and have designer army uniforms made, designer rifles for the gun rack, designer camping gear and designer oils in the engine no doubt. Then drive 800 kilometers at the weekend in the wilderness all the time shooting at road signs. This is having fun in America----Very strange place this America.

Dennis
OOOps no customer bashing now
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

Dennis Theres just one thing you forgot? Chicks dig designer
PinzEOD

Post by PinzEOD »

..shooting at road signs? I prefer the federal appeal of shooting at mail boxes, specially with the flag up. :lol:
Mike Newton 1973 712M (sold)
I do not like this word "bomb." It is not a bomb. It is a device that is exploding. Jacques le Blanc
lindenengineering

Post by lindenengineering »

Eric
I dunno so much, its ok wanting to look designer but when everyone is doing the same you get clones, boring!
To emphasis the observation a couple of years ago I went over to a mall to visit a home furnishing shop. This is bit of it an up market place by the way. As I opened the car door I saw this woman (mid thirties) walking to the entrance wearing all this designer monogramed tennis clothing in white. What struck me most was this white sun visor she had on that was covered by her hair so that it looked like it was grafted on, permanently!
Like a beak!
Then perched on the top of all this was a pair of sunglasses. So I stopped and paused for a minute thinking "What a bloody poseur". Then! I saw two more women wandering around visiting nearby shops --Yes you guessed it wearing the same get up. Frightening. For a Brit, this for me was alien territory, that type of neatness scares the crap out of me!
I suppose its again being on a private yatch in the carribean a few years ago. My host was also entertaining two couples that owned a bus business in North Carolina. As I was supping a glass with the crew these two ladies came down the ladder from the flybridge in their swimming cozzies but wearing dark brown pantyhose!
The one black guy looked at me then said quietly" Hey man Strange people these American ladies".

Mike shooting at mail boxes! You're a vandal he he. Nice
Dennis
OOOps no customer bashing now
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

dennis I was just tring to be funny. I have had a hard last couple of weeks some times god to be funny. I also agree with you on the gear box forum but it is good job sucerity they don't check there oil levels on a regular base things break down and they send it to. This type of person maintains there home the same way it keeps the phone ringing.