Roll bars

All things not relating to the other forums.
M Wehrman
United States of America

Post by M Wehrman »

What ideas do you have for the rear door? Thinking about similar workings on my Pinz. Except I need to operate within the constraints of a pre-existing roll cage. :?
Mark
Stock means no imagination!

Volvo TGB1317, .95% Morphed!

68 Haffy
milesdzyn

Post by milesdzyn »

Mark...So far the door will open as original, but will have a section of angle mounted on top, this will act as a lock for the top half of the door. The top half of the door will open up with gas shocks, like the split style on lots of SUV's. I may have to move the Lock and Handle mechanism to the door itself, not sure how much room I'll have/leave behind the gas can rack. The design still needs to be tweeked.

The Exo skeleton will be modular with a front, main/mid and rear sections, for easy replacement. A inner tube section will be welded to the main mid section tube ends, with the front and rear clip sections sliding on and pinned, then bolted to the body mount points.

I've tried really hard to suggest a cab forward element in the look of the Exo and a forward motion with the horizontal lines. Just hope I don't have to change much when I start bending and welding. :D

Miles
Lots of Pinz pictures here.......
http://picasaweb.google.com/pinzgauer.depository.1

'73 Pinzgauer 712M
Jimm391730
United States of America

Roof Rack

Post by Jimm391730 »

Andre made a killer roof rack for my 710M:
http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w217 ... -07017.jpg

Made in three pieces, two people can remove it, powder coated in olive gloss, four access ladders, just awesome.

Jim M.
712W and 710M with roof rack
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

Jim Noticed the freezer in the back of the pinz how do you like it doze it keep the temp down on hot days? what brand
Jimm391730
United States of America

Post by Jimm391730 »

Noticed the freezer in the back of the pinz how do you like it doze it keep the temp down on hot days? what brand
Its an Engel, 41 liter, I kept all the frozen stuff at 18 F for the duration our Baja trip (8 days), and that was only at about half setting. Only draws 1.5 amps from the 24V truck power (when it is running). Boy, was it great to have blended, frozen Margaritas on the beach when it was 90!

Jim

krick3tt

roof rack

Post by krick3tt »

That is one beeeeutiful rack. (I haven't been able to say that for years.)

How do I reach Andre? ...and do you know if he is still in the mood to make roof racks?

I have installed 2'' chanel in place of the side rails to facilitate the installation of a rack just like that.

Morris
Jimm391730
United States of America

Post by Jimm391730 »

Andre can be reached at 951-765-7224. You'll have to ask him if he will make more.

He used 2 x 3" angle iron to mount under the rubrails (they are notched to accomodate the rack mount) and this holds the 1-3/4" tubing far enough that the canvas can still be rolled up. He used a fairly heavy wall tubing for the hoops and lighter wall for the rack itself. The rack bolts to the hoops for ease of installation and removal.

I elected to not bring the front of the rack all the way to the front of the truck, and the lower rim of the rack extends forward further than the upper rim just for asthetics. The rack bottom is made from heavy gauge expanded steel and I have yet to bow it at all, even with my 220+ lbs walking around on it.

Officially, it is my wifes truck, so I can say she really does have a beautiful rack... :D :D

Jim