Unexpected Pinz Picture

All things not relating to the other forums.
todds112

Unexpected Pinz Picture

Post by todds112 »

I was looking into one of those little goose-neck map lights (like we coppers have in our work cars) to see if any were made for 24 volt systems. Anyway, I found a product called Littlite and was looking at the web-site. Found my way to their photos page and this was the first pic to pop up:

Kind of ironic. Also something else weird. Ours are made by Federal Signal, and the model is called a Littlite. Littlite also appears to be a seperate company making the same thing. Wonder if the Littlite company makes the ones that Fed Sig sells. I can't see competing interests allowing the same name for similar products without law-suits flying.
1973 712M
EuroPinz

Post by EuroPinz »

Well here you have a few more pictures of that specific Rally.

And the support vehicle: A Swiss SAURER

Best Regards and enjoy the pics.

Jacques
pcolette
United States of America

Post by pcolette »

Todd,

Did you find a 24 volt gooseneck? Would like to get one also.

Paul
Paul C.
_________
'73 Swiss 710M
'89 Puch 230GE
lindenengineering

Post by lindenengineering »

Hey Jaques
Thanks for the pictures.
That looked like lot of fun.
Regards
Dennis
OOOps no customer bashing now
todds112

Post by todds112 »

pcolette wrote:Todd,

Did you find a 24 volt gooseneck? Would like to get one also.

Paul
Heard back for Fed Sig and Littlite. They do not make an application for 24 volt. :(
1973 712M
Jim LaGuardia
United States of America

Post by Jim LaGuardia »

Find out what bulb it uses and swap it for a 24v bulb, it really is that simple :roll:
Cheers, Jim LaGuardia
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Goatwerks/
"Arch Magus of Machines."
todds112

Post by todds112 »

Jim LaGuardia wrote:Find out what bulb it uses and swap it for a 24v bulb, it really is that simple :roll:
Is that OK for the models that use a dimmer switch?
1973 712M
Jim LaGuardia
United States of America

Post by Jim LaGuardia »

24v uses less amperage to operate in most cases ,and a dimmer switch is just a reostat . Go to Pep boys (or your local parts house) and get a cheepie to try out if you want.
I have converted a few 12v items to 24v, just use your noodle and common sense.
Cheers, Jim LaGuardia
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Goatwerks/
"Arch Magus of Machines."
todds112

Post by todds112 »

Kind of ironic they sponser vehicles in a rally and have their name all over them and don't make a product to go in them. :roll:
1973 712M
alanh

Post by alanh »

I have a 12v LED Littlite in a Toyota and really like it. The LEDs are nice because they run a lot cooler than an incandescent bulb. Its also got that red/white light feature although I can't say I've used it that much. I'm pretty sure I've seen the LED versions available in 24V, but they aren't cheap.

In my C303 I have a DC/DC converter to provide 12V for radios and such which would easily power an additional lamp. If you only wanted to run that one lamp, there are some small converters (powerstream makes one) that should do the job.
Alan
EuroPinz

Post by EuroPinz »

@ Dennis,

You bet they had a lot of fun - and quite honestly being 4th overall is really not bad when one think that they were competing with 30 years old offroad vehicles against brand new Nissan, Toyota's, .... and other offroad vehicles that were all prepared by the manufacturing company for that specific race.
Often they would see these vehicles pass them at high speed (since they were faster then a Pinzgauer) to finally find them again behind them in the difficult section of the daily trip. On the asphalt, the Pinzgauer were always last, but when it came to showing it's possibilities in an offroad terrain, they would leave the crowd of new offroad vehicles far behind them. But the team only took 4th due to lack of highspeed on average and normal roads.
But in order to reach that score, the evenings looked a lot like this:

Best Regards,

Jacques
lindenengineering

Post by lindenengineering »

Jacques
This is what I like most about a Pinz, the ability to tear it open in the field and fix it.

I liked the pictures, it brings back memories of Raid Afrique and 2CV Citroens in the Hogar. I competed in 1971/72 with Dalle Freres of Roncq Nord when I was an exchange student in Lille. Again nice pictures.
Best regards/Amities
Dennis
OOOps no customer bashing now
EuroPinz

Post by EuroPinz »

Dennis,

I have send you an email - for info

Best regards,

Jacques