Trying to find a local tire at a good price

All things not relating to the other forums.
audiocontr
United States of America

Trying to find a local tire at a good price

Post by audiocontr »

I've posted several questions about tires and read EVERY tire posting that pops up after searching. David Dunn had one of the best responses about finding a tire that is local and in supply is more important than the perfect tire... and i have to agree... But which?

The BFG M/Ts are available but at $219 ea before mounting/balancing. Thats pricey! Jim L's recommendation on tires are no where to be found locally =( and the Coopers are no longer made. Has anyone had luck with a tire that below $200 each yet available at a local Merchants/Best Tire/Tires Plus/etc?

Sears has the Dunlop and the Kumho. The Kumhos seem like a great price at about $160/each but not many references on the board.

(Scratch that, the Kumhos are no longer carried by sears.)
Last edited by audiocontr on Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pcolette
United States of America

Post by pcolette »

I've been very happy with the Cooper ST and STT's. Good for highway and off-road use. Depending on size, etc. they run $155-195 each.

Paul
Paul C.
_________
'73 Swiss 710M
'89 Puch 230GE
Twin Pinzies

Post by Twin Pinzies »

I get my Coopers locally. I think that the ST-C is the ideal tire for me. They wear evenly, have tough sidewalls, and ride very smoothly. There is no way that I pay less than $200 for them though!
ccalingaert

Post by ccalingaert »

I picked up a set of 255/85-16 BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s a few weeks ago from onlinetires.com for $156 each. They are in Cerritos, CA, so while they are local for me they aren't for you, but it's a great price even with shipping. Their customer service isn't the best, and I had to wait about a week before they managed to find the tires, but did I mention $156 per tire? http://www.onlinetires.com/products/veh ... 252Fa.html
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Cooper Tires are everywhere... you just might know what you're looking at. :wink:

Many of the auto parts and tire chain store have Cooper Tires, just under the store's name . Cooper in a much bigger company than some think.... they're happy making tires for other companies, besides the many brands under their banner.
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

ccalingaert wrote:I picked up a set of 255/85-16 BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s a few weeks ago from onlinetires.com for $156 each. They are in Cerritos, CA, so while they are local for me they aren't for you, but it's a great price even with shipping. Their customer service isn't the best, and I had to wait about a week before they managed to find the tires, but did I mention $156 per tire? http://www.onlinetires.com/products/veh ... 252Fa.html
Very interesting!

Problem is this size is discontinued... the supply of these tires are growing smaller and smaller!
NC_Mog

Post by NC_Mog »

Do you have a 4x4 shop close by? I got my Interco Trxus from the local 4 Wheel Parts store. You can also mail order tires and get them locally mounted. I did that with my first Pinz (bias Swampers).
Kimball
1979 712M
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

Even walmart carries MT tires. Some around the hundred dallor price range. Image http://www.walmart.com/tires?advrtid=IS ... ontentlink Or are you saying you're looking for a tire that someone recommends on the forum that is sold in your area? Image Sounds like the old post to me. Image
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Erik, be careful what you're laughing at. What's under your truck could be the same as an "off brand".... just a lot lot less money... but I know,.. you got that "Designer's label" :wink:

Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

Image Dave, I plan on going to a lot cheaper tire on my next go around. Sport King Under a hundred bucks. I think you missed my point. Image
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Erik, if you wrote it , and spent more time on that and spelling, and less on graphics. I would. The smileys are fun addition, but be sure to say what you mean, first.