TD On Ebay

All things not relating to the other forums.
Erik712m

TD On Ebay

Post by Erik712m »

Hay, What do you know? There's another TD Pinzgauer in CA. Image http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Ma ... 500wt_1182
M Wehrman
United States of America

Post by M Wehrman »

Pretty! Seller sure seems to have issues with people "interfering" with the sale.... :roll: :roll:
Stock means no imagination!

Volvo TGB1317, .95% Morphed!

68 Haffy
pinzwheeling

Post by pinzwheeling »

Here we go...
Michael

Looking for a deal on a Toyota or used car?
email: rosenblumm@gmail.com
pinztrek
Barbados

Post by pinztrek »

Is this a known problem truck?

Just curious, I recognize the CA title is suspect, but I'm thinking it might be possible to have legally imported a civilian '84 elsewhere.

That said, if his reserve is 75k you might be able to do better elsewhere.

Have fun,

Alan
pinzwheeling

Post by pinzwheeling »

pinztrek wrote:Is this a known problem truck?

Just curious, I recognize the CA title is suspect, but I'm thinking it might be possible to have legally imported a civilian '84 elsewhere.

That said, if his reserve is 75k you might be able to do better elsewhere.

Have fun,

Alan
If it was a 718, maybe $75K would be reasonable? Nah
Michael

Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

pinztrek wrote:Is this a known problem truck?

Have fun,

Alan

Your kidding right.

If it was a 718, maybe $75K would be reasonable? Nah
A little more and you're in the lmoo2 range. For that price I think I would want one of Scott's Unimog Campers.
pinzwheeling

Post by pinzwheeling »

Erik712m wrote:A little more and you're in the lmoo2 range. For that price I think I would want one of Scott's Unimog Campers.
How about a turbo diesel RTPT?
Michael

pinztrek
Barbados

Post by pinztrek »

Erik712m wrote: Your kidding right.
So how do you think it got here?

A) Assembled from 716 parts
B) 716 Imported via US port of entry as older than 25 years
C) 716 Slipped over the border from Canada
D) Frankenpinz made from 710k with new drivetrain/dash/doors, nose, etc
E) Something else?

Maybe I'm missing something, I don't have all the TD's in N America memorized like you guys apparently have.

Alan
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

Alan,

Ya know, that's a damn fine question. Maybe it's Something Else:

US DOT/NHTSA does allow vehicles in for show or display if they are of historical or technicological interest, as written about here:
http://isearch.nhtsa.gov/files/21068.ztv.html
But there are mileage limitations etc.

It's no wonder the DOT here is questioning import paperwork, with suspect vehicles showing up. I'd like to think that this one is here appropriately. :)

Paul
Jim LaGuardia
United States of America

Post by Jim LaGuardia »

This vehicle was imported for off road use only as it was not eligible for road use due to model year(less than 25yrs old when imported)
Dave and others have a more complete story on this rig.
Vehicle is well known and Vin has been altered at least on paper.
Every time it goes on ebay the price gets higher., There are also other legal problems, something about a judgement to previous owner for non payment when last sold.
It is definately a candidate for the crusher if caught.
Cheers, Jim LaGuardia
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Goatwerks/
"Arch Magus of Machines."
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Jim LaGuardia wrote: It is definately a candidate for the crusher if caught.
Having it's road registration pulled, possibly... the crusher, no.

Instead of hashing through this for the 4th or 5th time, just go read the last thread on it

But, I'd sell the Pink Cow if someone walked up to me with $50k :wink:
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
texas pinzgauer

Post by texas pinzgauer »

Yeah, he's back. SOS just a new eBay listing apparently. Great looking truck but so many horror stories and concerns about questionable paperwork. Countless posts have been made about this truck if you check.

"NOTE: I will not answer provocative and stupid emails and will prosecute people that interfere with this sale."

So I guess we should just wait out front in handcuffs for the paddy wagon to scoop all of us up and take us to jail? :wink:
Looking for next new (for me) toy
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 3094951494
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

David Dunn wrote:
Instead of hashing through this for the 4th or 5th time, just go read the last thread on it

You mean like every other thread? Image

ImageJust figured it would be some late night entertainment. Than Alan had to apply some common sense.

Well, back to Image .

I guess he better sell it quick as I suppose some of the suppliers have a few TDs. stored across the pond just waiting for the calender to roll over. then it isn't going to be worth much. Image
pinztrek
Barbados

Post by pinztrek »

I hear ya Erik..... Common sense???? my original comment questioned if it was a known problem truck or were you doubting there are other legal TD's in the US.

Could have just said "it's a problem truck" Instead you sent yet another emoticon
:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow:

regarding the last thread, and even this one, there's as much well intentioned misinformation as there is hard info.

If it for sure was imported as offroad only, yes, it's worth just a fraction of his price. Lot's of non-pinzes on the road now (thousands) imported just that way, including some big mogs we drool over. Some states just do not care. Others do.

It's still worth something.... I'd pay 15k for it even if we knew for sure it was brought in off road only. 20 would be borderline for me. But I'd be pricing for hassle factor, not that I was concerned it'd be crushed. Even vehicles stopped at the dock are not being crushed. (Lot's of nissan skylines sold at auction for storage fees when they were recategorized as offroad only)

If the VIN has been modified, that's worse, but I've not seen anyone state that as fact. It's a fed offense, you'd think the guy would be real sure before posting on a site like ebay. Awfully brazen. That might be a crusher opportunity, unlike the offroad import bit.

If the vehicle had a lien on it, it'd prevent completion of the sale. But if the guy just has a judgment, just speaks to the owners circumstances, but might not cloud the vehicle. Judgments do not always result in liens.

I'm not defending the guy or the truck, just pointing out that we seem to get a mob mentality on this and sometimes other things.

The interesting thing is that if Dave is willing to sell his TD at any time for 50k, it tells me market price is a bit lower. So the gap between heavily modded gassers and TD's is far smaller than the cost of just getting a TD.

Which Dave already knows, clearly. Arnie's pinz? nice truck, I'd drive it. Certain TD's recently seen in XX drag? Pretty cool.

But overall, I'm happy with EFI gassers. I've come to respect & like the 4 cyl. A TD would be neat, but not at the current premiums! Now dreadnaught's truck with the sprinter engine, or the earlier 5 cyl MB done in Germany. Or one in the US way back, they would get my attention a bit more!

Have fun,
Alan
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

That's a mighty big Emoticon!!!

Again this has been brought up so many times I thought I could goof around a little. Looks like poor judgement on my behalf. The last time it was posted was in the classified section. It went into such great detail. Down to what he paid for it when he bought it. I thought I could play a little I see now I was wrong. :oops: