Interesting auction.....

All things not relating to the other forums.
chacaocop1

Interesting auction.....

Post by chacaocop1 »

CHACAOCOP
1973 712M
ccalingaert

Post by ccalingaert »

It's not as strange as it sounds - I've thought about creating the same sort of listing. A few months ago, ebay changed its policies so the first five listings a month have no insertion fee. Naturally, whenever a company changes it's terms and conditions you'd better grab hold of your wallet, and what ebay did was raise the final value fee to 8.75% on the first $229 (max fee of $20), as opposed to 8.75% of the first $25, plus 3.5% of the next $975, plus 1.5% of the amount over $1000. The auction you found is probably one of five that seller creates each month so ebay doesn't get as big a cut of his sales.
Chris
'74 710K
chacaocop1

Post by chacaocop1 »

Kind of got lost there.... :oops:

I don't sell much on ebay. I buy, but not sell.

Can you explain further?

I am not an Erudite at all reagrding this....

Thanks.
CHACAOCOP
1973 712M
ccalingaert

Post by ccalingaert »

Sorry, I realize my previous post wasn't the most self explanatory. Ebay changed their policies so the first five items you list a month will cost most people more in final value fees (ebay's piece of the action). To get around it, list five items a month that won't sell, like the auction you spotted. They don't have to sell, and ebay doesn't charge anything to list them. Then everything else you sell that month will have the old fee structure, where the percentage that ebay gets drops as the sales price increases. Eventually ebay will figure out a way around this, but for now it can lead to some goofy auctions.
Chris
'74 710K
chacaocop1

Post by chacaocop1 »

LOL, awesome. Love the creative minds. Thanks for taking the time to explain.
CHACAOCOP
1973 712M