Noise cancelling headphones

All things not relating to the other forums.
totaljoint

Noise cancelling headphones

Post by totaljoint »

Has anybody found good noise cancelling headphones to wear for long trips-- which aren't especially pricey (like the Bose)?
krick3tt

headphones

Post by krick3tt »

I just wear the regular shop type headphones. It still lets me hear things but does eliminate some of the more obnoxious road noise. In some states wearing headphones while driving is illegal. I used to wear them in my Mog and no one (LEO) ever stopped me for it.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
Bruce Berger

Post by Bruce Berger »

I use a pair of Sony noise canceling ear buds. They work much better than my old Koss ear buds or Sharper Image noise canceling ear phones. I don't have the model number of the Sonys handy but they were about $100 at Best Buy.

I also have a pair of Bose headphones which are the best I've used. They are definitely pricey so I don't use them in the truck while off roading.

The ear buds are much more descrite to wear in a state where it's illegal to cover or block both ears. There is an exception for noisy vehicles but I'm not anxious to test it out.
Bruce Berger
'72 Pinzgauer 710M 2.6i
mit Beck-LaGuardia Elektronischer Einspritzung
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Post by 4x4Pinz »

I have been using the AvComm system for years in my 712. It is the in dash 6 station version. I went to the portable intercom for my 710 so I could take it with me when riding along with others. These are nice systems and reasonably priced. The new 400 allows one to connect the cell phones into the system much easier and as always they have an audio input jack for an Ipod, radio or whatever. The pinz sounds real good through the mics and is a muffled version of what you normally hear, so no worries about the truck making strange noises while driving.
The setup I use is AvComm AC200 PNR headsets and PA-400 intercom, not terribly expensive and solves several problems at once.