Stop selling your Pinz so cheap!

All things not relating to the other forums.
HOOPS PINZ

Post by HOOPS PINZ »

Dennis is right its all about supply and demand. After 40 years in the motor industry here in the UK I like to think that I know a little of how these things work.

When the market is down you have less people for your product. The Pinz market is no different. If you think it is then Im sorry but you paid too much for your Pinz.

A small number of people want something they buy it and dont worry about the cost. They want what they want. But if they then decide to sell it its another matter.

BMWs X5 were going for buttons here in the UK for a couple of years. You were loosing thousands of pounds if you had one and tried to sell.

Im sorry but Pinzgauers are fun vehicles something to buy to enjoy
you are not going to make a living buying and selling one unless you are a dealer who buys at the right price and sells at the right price.

Steve
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

Well there you have it when calling one of the US pinz suppliers you now know the value. Tell'm who told u! LOL
lindenengineering

Post by lindenengineering »

lindenengineering wrote:
Erik712m wrote:
dokatd wrote: I would contend that anyone who brings their truck to your lot gets screwed.

bit.

Amen!! :D :lol: :lol: funny
On consigment sales the customer sets the asking pricing prior sales agreement.
EVERY offer is presented to the seller formally for consideration in writing.
Upon acceptance of an offer the seller meets the buyer for a formal hand over with an E test if applicable.
If anyone has got screwed as you put it its not by me.

Obviously not everyone agrees with your assessement, I have 8 Pinzgauers in my shop at present and I have a wait list running for work
Eric
As posted by others please try to keep your boyhood emotions to yourself and conduct yourself in a gentleman like manner on this forum.
Dennis
OOOps no customer bashing now
edzz
United States of America

Post by edzz »

A good mechanic doesn’t always make a good salesman. It’s kind of funny some of us never hear of these super bargains. Most that I’ve seen at the prices Dennis names are not what I would view as good condition in the west / southwest. May be great condition for a rust belt truck, however not something I would desire for my stable. I will agree that as some of the “owners” of these trucks should have never purchased them and when times get tight are forced to dump them.
What I see happening is the same as I’ve seen in the housing market. I know people that have purchased homes and toys way out of their bracket when times were looking up and are now taking a loss selling. I also know people buying now at fire sale prices.
That said why have these “bargains” not been brought to the attention of the forum.

Erick this is America many of us served to protect your right to have and express your opinion. I question those who would challenge that right; with the exception on this forum being Vince, after all a Vince is the man here.

Ed
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
dokatd
United States of America

Post by dokatd »

My point exactly edzz. Lets see these deals. Hell, I might even look at buying a couple then replace tires etc then resell for a couple grand.

So where do you advertise your consigned trucks Dennis. I havent seen them posted anywhere, even on your site. At least Scott at EI puts his consignments on his site. What service do you supply other than putting them on the curb by your shop while the truck is there on consignment.

Ohh, and Im glad all of you can regurgitate the old supply and demand theory. I had Never Heard that one before. Try moving past Economics 101 and you will understand that its not that cut and dry.
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

I saw the 1981 Pinzgauer when SAV had it.It was a real nice pinz. Before it went to colorado any ways may not have been after it was worked on? It would have been a steal for someone in Kansas. Not sure why the owner never tried to sell it him self?
lindenengineering

dokatd wrote:My point exactly edzz. Lets see these deals. Hell, I might even look at buying a couple then replace tires etc then resell for a couple grand.

So where do you advertise your consigned trucks Dennis. I havent seen them posted anywhere, even on your site. At least Scott at EI puts his consignments on his site. What service do you supply other than putting them on the curb by your shop while the truck is there on consignment.

Ohh, and Im glad all of you can regurgitate the old supply and demand theory. I had Never Heard that one before. Try moving past Economics 101 and you will understand that its not that cut and dry.
I rarely advertise what's for sale!
Traditionally I get a few calls weekly from people looking to buy a Pinzgauer/Mog or LR for that matter.
Equally I get a lot of passers by who drop in for a tyre kicking session!
Then I have a lot of customers who want to sell or have indicated they would accept reasonable offers for their vehicles . I have always kept a list of active potential sellers in other words.

Once I have identified a solid lead I contact the owner of a suitable truck with a view to selling. Since I have service records in many cases I pass on the copies to potential buyer(s)--This is with their permission of course since I have assumed a feduciary relationship with the seller for which I will be collecting a fee; for the sale by a meeting of the minds and a commission based upon that sum agreed upon.
The meeting of the minds and an agreement to sell is based upon what the owner will sell it for and as I have mentioned the price is agreed upon between the buyer and seller and me acting as a facilitator!
In cases where we have an arms length transaction this becomes extremely important to ensure fair play during the transaction.
In other words it all adds up to supply and demand--I cannot see why you have such difficulty with this concept--it has been around for centuries!
Irish style horse trading for the want of a simpler description and it has also been about since the dawn of time in the Emerald Isle.
I could explain more details but as you can see I keep this sales activity as simple as possible, this of course is paramount.
I might add that I sold vehicles in fleet form for years and for some time here in the USA in Florida. EDZ Yes I do know of this concept of building value but that has been thrown out with the baby and the bath water of late. A recsssion has put paid to all that nonesense!
Dennis
dokatd
United States of America

Post by dokatd »

From Ebay

Other Makes 710M
Pinzgauer 710M Expedition Unimog H1 Exec II Upgrade

Sell one like this
Grand Rapids, MI
Best Offer $9,499.00 End Date:
Jun-14 17:15

Other Makes
Pinzgauer Military Vehicle-Hummer Rescue(Reserve not met)

Sell one like this
Enlarge
Bedford, OH
1 Bid $9,500.00 End Date:
Jun-06 15:26

Other Makes : 710M
Pinzgauer

Sell one like this
San Marcos, CA
2 Bids
Sold $10,000.00
dokatd
United States of America

Post by dokatd »

Some 712 sales from this board:

SOLD: in three days

My Pinz is in Havasu, AZ, I am in “The OC” CA. I have looked and looked and there are only couple of 712's for sale right now. Check them all out, but buy mine. Asking Price is $15,250 Either send a PM or you can send me a email at mv2lhc AT yahoo DOT com

SOLD in about 2 months:

Truck is currently being used as a daily driver and is ready to wheel. There are a few things I would change, but its a very solid and clean truck. Front tarp needs repair or replacing. Body does not have any rust/Rot to report. As this sale is based on wants and not needs, price is firm at $23,000.0

SOLD: and confirmed at 15K in 1 month

Well, after owning my Pinz (which I lovingly call "The Snook") for four years, I have to sell it. Notice I said "have" to sell it, not "want" to sell it. I now have 10 month old twins and the wife wants a damn RV. The 712 is a 1973 and runs great. Top is is decent shape but the plastic windows are cracked. SAV sells replacements cheap, you just need to sew them in. I have hub steps, a 2inch receiver hitch with a flat 4 plug that has been converted to 12 volt for the lights. Civilian conversion on the plugs and Pertronix electronic ignition. Body has no rust. All seats are in good shape. Rebuilt the carbs last fall and have put less than 150 miles on them. It has 7 BFGoodrich Allterrain tires in excellent shape with 90% tread except one that has a little wear on one side. The inner "cardboard" door panels are a little messed up. It has one leak, at the steering shaft and I have the 7.00 seal to fix it. I will try and posts pics tommorrow. 16,000.00 obo and is located in Jackson, W
Last edited by dokatd on Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

dokatd wrote:From Ebay

Other Makes 710M
Pinzgauer 710M Expedition Unimog H1 Exec II Upgrade

Sell one like this
Grand Rapids, MI
Best Offer $9,499.00 End Date:
Jun-14 17:15

Other Makes
Pinzgauer Military Vehicle-Hummer Rescue(Reserve not met)

Sell one like this
Enlarge
Bedford, OH
1 Bid $9,500.00 End Date:
Jun-06 15:26

Other Makes : 710M
Pinzgauer

Sell one like this
San Marcos, CA
2 Bids
Sold $10,000.00

Or you cold have just done http://www.pinzgauer.com/shpics.php?tab ... s&idnum=90

I think the moral of the story want to buy something or sell something in the cheap head to the mountains. :lol:

Were you'll get it up the rear.
Last edited by Erik712m on Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dokatd
United States of America

Post by dokatd »

Again, I will ask you:

SHOW ME YOUR EVIDENCE OUTSIDE YOUR LIQUIDATION LOT THAT THE 712 AND EVEN THE 710 IS CURRENTLY VALUED IN YOUR PROPOSED RANGE.

You never cease to amaze me Dennis. Life might be boring without people like you.

Salesman you are not sir.
dokatd
United States of America

Post by dokatd »

Agreed Erik, but I wanted to show vehcles that had either been actually sold or that have had offers made in excess of Dennis' proposed values. I of course understand that what I posted is not 100% simply because some Ebay deals can fall through.
lindenengineering

Erik712m wrote:I saw the 1981 Pinzgauer when SAV had it.It was a real nice pinz. Before it went to colorado any ways may not have been after it was worked on? It would have been a steal for someone in Kansas. Not sure why the owner never tried to sell it him self?

Eric I am not sure of what 712 you are referring to??!!
I do know of an 82 ex SAV model which I mentioned on this thread that had to be "bamboozled" through the E test as a "Once and Only Got away with it this time" scenario!
Then there were the three that Cold War got via funding from someone J La Gaurdia knows. They were 81's I believe! In fact one got stolen and activated a police check and stop routine for weeks.
To date they still have not been sold to my knowledge!
As for the 82 unit I believe the fellow sold it privately from what I can gleen.
With respect I think you have got your "musings mixed up"!
Dennis
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

The vehicle I posted has been sold I don't believe SAV has any 712's in stock. High $19,000 for a stock 712 Looks like the market isn't that bad.
ccalingaert

Post by ccalingaert »

A 712M sold today for the lowest price I've seen on ebay - $10334. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0621793880 If prices get any cheaper, I might have to get a second Pinz for my kids to drive. No speeding tickets with 90hp.
Chris
'74 710K