Overhead Console solutions for 710K

All things not relating to the other forums.
captxmas

Overhead Console solutions for 710K

Post by captxmas »

Greetings......Looking for any input on sourcing an overhead console that will run fore to aft in the drivers compartment to house a stereo, overhead lights, and my David Clark Comm System. I would like to hide the body of the stereo but surface mount other accessories.

Also any input on a transverse console over the windshield or should I fabricate something in the future.

Any Ideas oh wise ones?

Captxmas
Capt Xmas
totaljoint

Post by totaljoint »

I put my sigtronics intercom overhead. A 90lb pull magnet holds the main box right in the antenna hole (that way the radio connections from the intercom are coiled up and not visible- I don't use them), and the daisy chain cable to the second and third slave intercom boxes for the rear passengers runs overhead to keep all wires out of the way. The rear folks can plug in their headsets from front to back- up to 6 in the back of my 712.
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Post by 4x4Pinz »

I used a Tuffy box in my 712 to house all the electronics and lights. My neighbor has done the same with his 710K along with a bank of switches to control all the added features.
Here is a picture of mine, you can see the intercom control unit towards the front along with the overhead lighting and the jacks are at the rear of the box for the front two headsets, the rear four jacks are mounted up high in the hard top for the rear passengers
http://real4x4forums.com/PinzgauerBBS/v ... ad+console