Do you know this Pinz?

All things not relating to the other forums.
Jorgo

Do you know this Pinz?

Post by Jorgo »

I've gone all in and placed the winning bid on ebay for this 712,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 053wt_1122

seller says he's selling for his dad, in Phoenix, but he's in michigan, and he's seems to be in no hurry to get this deal done. I'm starting to wonder if this guy is for real. Waiting to hear back from Tony who, from the ad has maintained it. maybe he can confirm.... i've never bought anything on ebay, i'm in CA, the Pinz is in AZ, any suggestions, tips or warnings on interstate purchase and transfer of title? any suggestions on a freight co?

I sure hope this is for real....i'll keep you posted.
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

I know nothing about that Pinz, but, rather than a freight company to move it. Why not go and get it?

If you need a trailer, I have one for sale :D

If your interested let me know. I sold my 712, but I use to tow the pinz on it with no problem.

trailer would cost ya $2999.99. ORO
Pinzing is AWESOME.
mopar
United States of America

Post by mopar »

Nice 712M I'm getting one shortly
GenevaPinz
Switzerland

Post by GenevaPinz »

Apparently this Pinz was offered for sale back in April on the SWPA forum... Looks like this is for real. I hope this works out for you, this looks like a very nice truck!
Jan

'72 Pinzgauer 710M
acebee
Switzerland

do the specs check out on ebay

Post by acebee »

-----------------------
* Vacuum assisted drum breaks
* 16 inch level surface ground clearance - portal axels for extraclearance
-----------------------

the truck seems legit ..however ~ ebay specs ?..special construction ! not stock !!! :lol:

congrats..

SB@Ramona
Fleg

Post by Fleg »

I'd fly and drive it home. Make sure the owner signs the title and get a bill of sale (just in case) and drive it home. Stay off the interstate and you'll be fine.
mopar
United States of America

Post by mopar »

Picking mine up Sunday.
texas pinzgauer

Post by texas pinzgauer »

Looks like a nice clearn example. Good luck getting the transaction completed.
Looking for next new (for me) toy
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 3094951494
Jorgo

know this pinz? MINE

Post by Jorgo »

Through no small effort or lack of modern technology, I was able to complete the transaction from my blackberry while on vacation and I arrived home to find the 712 in the driveway...can't wait to get it registered today and drive it (legally) HUGE thanks to the forum (i hit the tip jar last week) from my insurance agent who got it covered on my FARMERS policy, with the helpful classification tips from that thread. Now I can finally start searching past threads for actual product tips, like new tires, where to get the seatbelt hardware for the back seats, door locks, etc. I'm looking forward to getting on a first name basis with Scott at E.I. and jim at Goatwerks etc. And my banker too, I suppose.

Jorgo
texas pinzgauer

Post by texas pinzgauer »

Welcome to the party.

We've been saving you a (fold down) seat!
Looking for next new (for me) toy
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 3094951494
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

The first thing to do is get rid of those useless, dangerous stock tires and get some decent all-terrain (or mud if you really off-road a lot) radials on there.
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!

Skeej

Welcome thats a beauty!

Post by Skeej »

Enjoy Jorgo - many miles and many smiles ahead of you!

Ditto Vince- did you have the original Maloyas on there? mine did- kinda loud and squirrely- makes ya wonder how they drove on those wet twisty Alps roads...

30 year old rubber first thing I replaced before letting the kids ride- got the Maxxxis Bighorns Jim favors- 255R 16" MT - pretty similar to BFGs if I recall -
those run good on highway 17-18MPG and also good in the mud and sand aired down as needed. Not a lot of noise, easy to turn etc.

I got a good deal on price, see if you can still find them at Discount Tire-had to have the guy special order out of Missouri, but free shipping for Discount tire, best deal going by about 20% at the time, no idea now- anyway, they put them on no problem-

but they DONT have the tire centering tool you will see referenced in threads and manual, but I cheerfully admit I was clueless enough I didnt read about that until later, and seemed to drive just fine- so a half year and 5K miles later I was able to borrow one- and took it to the same shop, had them rotate and do a balance, using the tool this time