MOTs

All things not relating to the other forums.
PINZ 716

MOTs

Post by PINZ 716 »

Just wondered what you guys have for an MOT in the UK

Are you running on a class 4 or class 7

Would be interested to know as my last 2 Pinz a 710 and 716 I was on a class 4
Dreadnought

Re: MOTs

Post by Dreadnought »

OK whats a class 4? My 710K was registered as a 'classic' and I just did an ordinary MOT every year. Did confuse the MOT guy at first when he tried to look for a chassis.
Aiming to introduce UK Politicians to Piano wire and Lamposts!
Tibbermore

Post by Tibbermore »

My 712M is registered as Private/Light Goods (PLG) on the V5 and the MOTs are Class 7 (VII).
cronapress
Great Britain

Post by cronapress »

Same as Tibbermore. A Class 7 on my 712M. A previous 710M I had was a Class 4. Weight ??

Mike.
Ayrshire.
PINZ 716

Post by PINZ 716 »

Class 4 MOT is the standard motor vehicle MOT here is the DVLA guidelines

The test classes are:
Class I — Motor bicycles (with or without side cars) up to 200cc
Class II — All motor bicycles (including Class I) (with or without side cars).
Class III — 3-wheeled vehicles not more than 450kg unladen weight (excluding motor bicycles with side cars).
Class IV — Cars, including 3-wheeled vehicles more than 450kg unladen weight, Taxis, Minibuses and Ambulances up to 12 passenger seats, Goods Vehicles not exceeding 3000kg Design Gross Weight (DGW), Motor Caravans and Dual Purpose Vehicles.
Class V — Private passenger vehicles, ambulances, motor caravans and dual purpose vehicles with 13 or more passenger seats
Class VII — Goods Vehicles over 3000kg up to and including 3500kg DGW. If a vehicle is presented with a manufacturer’s plate and a ‘Ministry plate’ the weights to be used are those on the ‘Ministry plate’.
PSV test (Class VI) — Public service vehicles used for hire or reward with more than eight passenger seats (test conducted by VOSA/DVA staff, usually at their own stations).
HGV test — Goods vehicles over 3,500 kg GVW and trailers over 1,020 kg unladen weight or 3,500 kg GVW if fitted with over-run brakes (test conducted by VOSA/DVA staff usually at their own stations, or at VOSA approved designated premises).

As Im talking to some of the Land Rover guys with 110 they are putting Class 7 MOTs on their vehicles due to the weight. So I think I will do the same on my 716. Interesting to know who is doing what.

You guys from Scotland planning to come to any of our Pinz events

Steve
http://www.pinzgauerworld.com/